7 1/4 ?

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Are there C-clips that hold the axles in place or are they like a 8 3/4 and you just unbolt the end plates and then use a slide hammer? I thought there were C-clips but I can't remember and the shop manual doesn't show or mention anything about them.

HOLY CRAP!!!! I just called the parts store and they quoted me $41.99 each for just the wheel bearings!!!

Yea the slide hammer works for the 7 1/4 but if it's the sbp the hammers you rent won't fit. I had to use one lug nut thru the hole and then sandwich (no leggos) the hammer mount plate with a lug nut and large washer. I paid $12 for the bearings at Oriellys

That was Oriellys or rather Schucks auto parts who is in the process of becoming Oriellys right now.

Yea the slide hammer works for the 7 1/4 but if it's the sbp the hammers you rent won't fit. I had to use one lug nut thru the hole and then sandwich (no leggos) the hammer mount plate with a lug nut and large washer. I paid $12 for the bearings at Oriellys

Do you remember if they were the cone type or were they sealed?

Can someone double check and make sure that this is the right part number for the rear wheel bearing on a 73 Dart with a big bolt pattern 7 1/4.

It is a sealed bearing.
RWF34R

-
Back