70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
I had a couple days to think about my mounting of the front brakes and took another look at them after work. I installed them completely incorrectly which isn't a surprise since I was sorta in a hurry to just see the car off of the jacstands anyways I fixed it and didn't need any of the shims strange sent with the kit .
1st picture shows the bracket on the correct side of the spindle I had it on the wrong side. I will put the pads in when it's time and make sure it's perfect.
Also I raised the front of the car and it's much better for oil pan clearance.
IMG_20240410_191752557.jpg

IMG_20240410_190618449.jpg
IMG_20240410_185640087.jpg

Nothing much to update except, I finally got an hour to work on my car, I drilled my cross member and placed the rear safety loop in. I still have some stuff to do to square up the differential. It seems to be a little crooked so I'm trying to find a good common spot to use for all my measurements. I've gotten away with eyeball and using the torsion bars cross member, 1 problem I have is it's really difficult to find anything square or plumb to do any squaring up.
Anyways 2 weeks ago I had to do some stuff for the dogs outside.
Last weekend I got to spend the weekend at my home track watching and hanging out with Bill, he's a good dude, Sunday Tim came out and we watched some other guys running their cars too.
IMG_20240502_200635922.jpg

I also talked to Paul at turbo action for about 1.5 hours. He's a good guy, as I thought and have been told I don't have enough duration at .050 but he says the 8 inch converter will handle any bigger camshaft I throw at it.
I have a solid roller but can't afford any of the other parts yet.
Being poor has a lot of benefits, buying stuff I want isn't one of them though lol

Had a blast and it was great hanging out with you my friend. I even managed to get a hug from Tim! lol
Yeah that was something....I didn't even think that was a thing he did, he's hugged my wife before but not me lol .
I'm just going to hug him tomorrow out of the blue

Yesterday I screwed around for hours trying to get my pinion lined up, rear end squared and tires right in the wheel wells.
Today I loosened it all up set it on the ground and tightened it up. It seemed to work.
I need to cut 1/4 inch further in the front of the tire but that is easy.
I also relocated my sliders since I did it wrong last time.
I also welded in my rear and front driveline safety loop. I left enough room at the bottom of the rear to slide the driveline out .
IMG_20240505_113054673.jpg
IMG_20240505_131719459.jpg

Engine locators are in, I'll do some shaping on them when the engine is back out (take off some weight I don't want Bill getting mad again)
Lol.
I left a little extra metal there to make forward movement limiters.
IMG_20240505_153239894.jpg

Oh yeah I made sure my engine offset was exact yesterday also, ran out of mig gas so no more welding today.

-
Back