70 dart console info

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a 69 cuda auto console will work in a 70 dart?? If there are differences, let me know. Im not too worried about cosmetics.

Thanks
4spdragtop

Sure. They are all A-body floors. Just got to rig it in.. I've seen it done.

Theres a 73 Dart around here with a 66/67/68 Dart console.

by the sounds of it, only cosmetics. If I want I could use 69 cuda auto console and change it to a 4spd console ( change top plate) and it'll work in a 70 dart??

by the sounds of it, only cosmetics. If I want I could use 69 cuda auto console and change it to a 4spd console ( change top plate) and it'll work in a 70 dart??

Using that console for a manual I'm pretty sure you're going to need the shifter arm with about 4-6 bends in it before it even comes out of the console.

Just trying to figure out my options out here. I have a complete auto console, 727, as well as an NOS 4spd hump, so trying to decide what to do 4spd or auto...Hmmmmmm

Just trying to figure out my options out here. I have a complete auto console, 727, as well as an NOS 4spd hump, so trying to decide what to do 4spd or auto...Hmmmmmm

The 69 console door springs down while the 70-up door has a button you push and it springs up, that is the major differences in auto consoles. The 4-speed is totally different in that there is a much larger opening on the drivers side to fit the shifter and it has a cardboard cover to hide the shifter. Also, the shifter handle is offset 4" to the right so you must use a correct shifter handle to fit the console! A B-Body shifter handle will work but comes up at a bad angle for the smaller Dart. The 4-speed top plates are now reproduced by BE&A but the shifter handles are not.

-
Back