70 Dart GT (One of 10..) Fender tag and pics inside!

-

mccula

Reaction score
Hi guys. Here is the fender tag and pictures of my 70 Dart GT. It is one of TEN built with a 318, it also was originally optioned for AC, PS, console, and the green vinyl roof which is very rare for these already rare cars. I have the original broadcast sheet in very good shape which proves all this. But anyways, on to the good stuff- the pics! :cheers:

dartfendertag.jpg

dart1.jpg

dart2.jpg

oh btw, it's a 340 4 spd now and it's staying that way ;)

wow, 80 views and no replys? I thought there'd be more interest than this! haha

Greetings mccula. Regarding the "one of ten" statement. I was just wondering where/how you arrived at this conclusion? It is a very sharp looking car, by the way. :)

Nice car. What is the price?

Also…. Green was a very common color in the early 70…..

And this…… Rare does not always = value or desire.

Greetings mccula. Regarding the "one of ten" statement. I was just wondering where/how you arrived at this conclusion? It is a very sharp looking car, by the way. :)

I was wondering the same thing.... imagine that... 2 of 10 Dart 318 GT's right here on this site. 8)

-RPM

LH23:
Dodge Dart,Demon
High
2 Door Hardtop

G0R: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Windsor, ONT, CAN

287911: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
FF4: Light Green Metallic Exterior Color
H6F8: Trim - High, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Green
514: Unknown Int. Door Frames
C55: Build Date: December 55
: Order number

V1F: Full Vinyl Top, Green
A65: Dart GT Package
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55: Bucket Seats
F11: 46 Amp Alternator (std with AC)

H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M26: Wheel Lip Moldings
M43: Grille Trim Moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)

V78: Accent Stripes, Deleted
Y09: Build to Specs for Export

Nice car. I almost bought a 70 GT, same color as yours, in AZ back in 2004. I also saw another 70 in Wisconsin at a car show three years ago.

Gee. You'd think that guy would try to adjust his hood to line up a little better than that. I mean, come on! :-D

Love it, also wondering where you got the "one of ten". I have a '71 Dart GT that is 1 of ~1255. When I spoke to Chrysler Historical, they told me 1.3% of the 9X,*** Darts produced for '71 had the A65 fender tag code. They also said they had no more details due to some mishap in the records department (fire/flood/can't remember).
You May also want to check out www.7071dartgt.net and register your car. They may shed some more light on your car as well.

The build/broadcast sheet actually states '10 built for export.' I'll put up a pic eventually.
According to the 7071dartgt site, these cars are already rare as hen's teeth, (Which I read in another very well put together book on mopars), and almost all of them came with slant's. The 318 is what makes it rare, as well as the green vinyl top, because most of the GT's didn't have them either.
As far as rare equaling more valuable, it doesn't in this case but that's just fine by me... because I think it's cool owning a car as rare as this regardless of it's value.
70gt, is your car's paint the original color? Most of the examples found of the 70gt's are FF4 Green, is why I ask.

Does it really say 'built' or is it build?

The number preceding the note on the bottom of the sheet is just a reference to the note itself. AARs & T/As have the number 18 on the broadcast sheets as an example.

Either way it would be cool to see the sheet, is it coded Y11 also?

Nah it says 10 built for export, I'm almost certain. What's Y11? Maybe it does. I'm at school, but hopefully I can get a copy of the broadcast sheet up this weekend.

Nice ride, irregardless of the number built. As far as the F8, could be corrected to F4, but it may not be necessary until a repaint is required.
Good luck with your sale!

Y11 would indicate that it was ordered from overseas by a US serviceman.

If the car was ordered from overseas, it got tagged as an "export" even if it never left the country.

The serviceman would pick a dealership in the US to have the car delivered to, he would then pick it up once he returned stateside.

The pages at the link below are from 1969, but they will give you a general idea of how the program worked;

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1969-DealershipsMilitarySalesOrderingInfo.shtml

If this car is so rare,why would you put a 340/4spd in it ?

Not being critical,just wondering.

Seems it would be worth more in its original glory.

It probably would, but Like I said before, this isn't a case where rare=value like with hemi's and M-codes, etc. I bought it with the 340 and 4 spd anyway, the previous owners did that.

-
Back