70 dartheater/ radio bezel issue

-

wes beem

Reaction score
I purchased a radio/heater bezel for my 1970 dodge dart fof ebay. Chrysler part #3501602

my radio fits, and it lines up with the gauge cluster and glovebox like its supposed too, but it will not fit in to the slot for the heater controls, its about 3/16" too wide on each side...im stumped here...my dash is out of a 1972 dart swinger, and everything online says 70-76 are identical but thats clearly not the case...Can someone help me find the proper part # i need?

s-l225.jpg

the 1970-1 standard dash has a one piece radio/heater bezel which is almost square. usually chrome and silver. don't know how you were able to get a 1972 dash bezel in a 1970 dash - screw holes would not line up and shape is different. send photo of what you are working with so I can see. thanks

the dash is out of a 1972 dart swinger. Non ralley dash

It may be that your heater control is the problem. You're using the 70 heater control? It seems there was a change in trim panel after Feb. 71. Maybe giving us dimension of heat control might help. I have a 74 Duster and the heat control is 8" across.

Sliders, but i didnt get far enough to even try to install the heater control, the bezel itself wont bolt up to the dash because the slot is about 3/16" too narrow on both sides.

To clarify earlier post regarding size of heater control, 8" is cut out and control panel is 8 3/8" long.

-
Back