70 Duster H Code, 440 4 Speed Build

-

jdprdise

Reaction score
So after about 30yrs I purchased back a 70 Duster that my Dad had built. At the time he bought it there was a 318 4sp in it. He built a 71 340 and geared the 8 3/4 to 4.30. Did some other work 'he cant rember it all lol'. When I went to buy it back I found out it was an original H code auto on the column car. The last owner had swapped it back to an auto but on the floor. Still has the paint on it from 30yrs ago, the guy only put a few thousands miles on it. Since the engine and trans are not original I am going to swap it back to a 4 speed and put a 440 in it. It is Maroon now but was Burnt Orange, I might at least put it back to that color. Planning on using the stock bottom end with a trick flow top end kit, TTI headers and a moser Dana. As you can tell in the pic, the seats where redone so they will go back to the factory all black. Also ditching the horrible universal mirrors. Prob throw a Six Pack lift off on it and maybe a Go-Wing. Not sure yet what Im going to do with the suspension. I'll post updates and pics as it goes along. Picking up my engine and complete 4 speed conversion at Carlisle in July.

IMG_6189.JPG

IMG_6182.JPG

IMG_6191.JPG

IMG_6192.JPG

IMG_6184.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back