70 Maverick came home

-
never heard of that version but I beat it looked good! we had a lil ole lady and man that drove a black 71-2 Comet to church. they passed but the family got the car.

Saw a Maverick Grabber on a Barn finds site this morning for sale, born with a 302 and floor shift automatic, clean looking car too. Unfortunately I don't have the link.
:BangHead:

Wasn't the "HP" comet model the gt?

Had a buddy with a Butterscotch colored Comet... I use to call it Vomit...

and now in Day 2 configuration

S1051759.JPG

never heard of that version but I beat it looked good! we had a lil ole lady and man that drove a black 71-2 Comet to church. they passed but the family got the car.
That AMC wagon you got is cool too.
Ive never been a Ford fan but I'd so rather drive a 70s maverick than the sorry excuse that Ford is currently calling a "maverick"
Id rather even drive a pinto than anything Ford sells new today

Other than exploding...the pinto was not a terrible car.

MUCH better than the competition's vega.
More interior room, smaller exterior size, and mechanically more sound in general (including rack and pinion steering) especially the 2.3 vs the gm "iron duke" (again, other than that exploding thing).
The vega did look cooler, though.

Mopar really had no offering in this segment, although the Duster was forced to compete there and did to a degree.

Last edited:
My sister had a 71 Pinto with a 4 speed, got rear ended twice in it, but it never exploded. The shifter pulled right out of the transmission though! Otherwise it was a pretty decent car, she liked it.

Ive never been a Ford fan but I'd so rather drive a 70s maverick than the sorry excuse that Ford is currently calling a "maverick"

a 70's Maverick was a dream car but the didn't make a wagon in this country. SSOOO, I got the Hornet, close in size, so much so that a thin bumper from one will fit the Hornet with jest a bit of grinding. Had a fat bumper Pinto wagon but traded it for a cab and a half D250 with a 400. IF I had a Pinto now, I'd put the 2.3/5-speed/3.73 7.5 for the 07 Ranger in it, lighten it up a bit and have some fun. Lots of ideas...but you've seen the "garage".

One of those silver and black with red stripe pinto wagons is on my list of cars I'd have if they came my way.

I'd be tempted to bolt on turbo the 2.3.

1714762806993.png

Of course that's the "grail" of pintos. I believe there is more than one version, though.

Last edited:
In general the maverick to me has a sporty but yet handsome style when you put the right wheel and combo on it.

-
Back