Here are some more in progress photos.
13996299_10210542748550904_6230612297269182812_o.jpg
13988129_10210542748470902_766867404831611372_o.jpg
KIMG0157.jpg
KIMG0158.jpg
KIMG0163.jpg
KIMG0429.jpg
KIMG0349.jpeg

Welcome! Gonna keep it a slant? I see you've got a decent start already with the intake and headers. Them aint easy to find these days. Good Luck

That will be a fun resto. Looks like a B3 car. I also see a rim blow steering wheel. Wonder what color the vinyl top was? Looks close to mine when it was new. Welcome to FABO George. toolmanmike

Yowza. That's one healthy slant! What are the rest of the particulars on the build?

Yowza. That's one healthy slant! What are the rest of the particulars on the build?
I'm not entirely sure, didn't mic the cylinders while I had it apart, so don't know if it's been bored. Googling the numbers on the cam wasn't a lot of help, but it looks like it may be .440 lift. Definitely timing gears/chain upgrade, and heavy duty valve springs. My buddy with tons of experience says it was definitely rebuilt, and his guess based on the condition of internals suggests very little run time on the rebuild. Likely less than 10 hours.

Good luck with the project.
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out
A buddy is building a 6 for his 65 right now
Won't be 500 hp but probably just over 200hp na

Good luck with the project.
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out
A buddy is building a 6 for his 65 right now
Won't be 500 hp but probably just over 200hp na
Don't think I'll be able to afford to make it that far, but like I said, I've heard rumors it can be done. Thinking of fabricating some sort of housing and trying a supercharger from a newer vehicle. I think some of the newer Oldsmobiles had them, may be able to get one from the local u pull yard for cheap.

So I have this... Thought I'd be able to figure out how to interpret it, but all the online tools I'm finding doesn't show the codes the same way - for instance, I know from the VIN that it originally had a 225 with a 1 bbl carb. So in theory, the carb code on the build sheet should be either E24 or E25 - yet it looks to be 12 on the build sheet.
Specifically, I'm looking to see what the original transmission was Base on what I've found so far, It should have been either a 727 or a 904. Any thoughts out there
Build sheet.jpeg
?

Hey George, yah - the online decoders don't quite get into the details that you find on a broadcast sheet - they are mostly for codes found on the fender tag. You will notice that a lot of the same fender tag codes are found on the sheet, but there is a lot more detail on the sheet. Rows 3, 4, and 5 are actually partial part numbers. For your carb (12) - that is the last 2 numbers of the part number for the carb. I don't have a breakdown of part numbers handy - but that is whats up with the numbers in those rows. Additionally - some of the codes in those rows show the color of the part also. Check out row 3 for steering wheel (10X9) - 10 is the last 2 of the part number of the steering wheel, and X9 is the color - black. As for your transmission - its coded D31 - which is the 904 3 speed auto trans. Hope this helps!
Scott.

Hey George, yah - the online decoders don't quite get into the details that you find on a broadcast sheet - they are mostly for codes found on the fender tag. You will notice that a lot of the same fender tag codes are found on the sheet, but there is a lot more detail on the sheet. Rows 3, 4, and 5 are actually partial part numbers. For your carb (12) - that is the last 2 numbers of the part number for the carb. I don't have a breakdown of part numbers handy - but that is whats up with the numbers in those rows. Additionally - some of the codes in those rows show the color of the part also. Check out row 3 for steering wheel (10X9) - 10 is the last 2 of the part number of the steering wheel, and X9 is the color - black. As for your transmission - its coded D31 - which is the 904 3 speed auto trans. Hope this helps!
Scott.
Thanks so much! The 904 3 speed is what I was thinking.

Been a while since I posted an update... So about 18 months ago I fell into another car, a real Swinger 340. Unfortunately, it had been sitting in a closed garage with a dirt floor for 30 years. That being said, pretty much all the sheet metal was shot. In any case, the entire drive-line has been rebuilt and swapped into my car.

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

IMG_3462.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

IMG_4532.JPG

Wow that 70 340 is rough. Dommwoukd you happen to have anymore pictures of it at least?

-
Back