70 TA challenger tri power

-

cudakid2440

Reaction score
hi i have a tri power set up for a 340 not sure how to identify its prodution authenticity .any help would be appreciated thanks

Dodge had the 6 Pack, Plymouth had the 6 Barrel. GM cars had tri power. We need pics to see what you have.

As TMM said, post pictures. Casting number on the intake & Holley "List" numbers on the choke horns of the carbs.

had a "tri power" air cleaner lid, but the rest was all mopar

Actually, some of Norms cars used Chevy carbs because the shortage of Mopar carbs....maybe they all did? They had the fuel line on the wrong side but still worked the same :glasses7:

Actually, some of Norms cars used Chevy carbs because the shortage of Mopar carbs....maybe they all did? They had the fuel line on the wrong side but still worked the same :glasses7:

ewww, yuk , lol seems I remember something about the fuel line on the wrong side after you jogged my memory.
at any rate , ive only seen that on A bodies

ewww, yuk , lol seems I remember something about the fuel line on the wrong side after you jogged my memory.
at any rate , ive only seen that on A bodies

Yup, and only on the Mr. Norm cars :glasses7:

didnt norm have a tri power?

Yes he did.
The air cleaners he used are worth crazy money now.
I actually have one.
I sold the 6-pac with intake and carbs to a guy quite a few years back but the guy did not want the air cleaner because it said tri-power.
It was years ago way before the internet, It could have been the real MR. Norms set up.
I think I sold it for 200.00 in good condition.
Kept the air cleaner, it is screwed to the wall of my garage as I type this, it is real nice never painted, but is covered in dust.

wrong side?
direct connection sold Holley mechanical carb list number 4782 and 4783
Mr norms used these carbs.

The fuel lines are on the opposite side of the carbs which makes most mopar purists confused and the know it all's say they are chevy carbs.:violent1:

If it's off a real Challenger T/A, it will have a flat black hood with a hood scoop, black stripes down the side, side exit exhaust before the rear tires, and a duck tail spoiler on the back...

the carb for the 6 pacs..6 barrels for the mopars are also date coded....so if they are off a TA then it should have a date code that fits 1970

wrong side?

The fuel lines are on the opposite side of the carbs which makes most mopar purists confused and the know it all's say they are chevy carbs.:violent1:

Mr Norm I'm sure used the 427 Chevy carbs with the fuel line on the "wrong" side DS. These Chevy carbs were also vacuum carbs on the outers. I do remember Mr Norm saying the reason he used them was due to being $30 cheaper. The direct connection/hustle stuff carbs are mechanical.

wrong side?

Well, whattaya know. I bought a 340 six pack setup from a guy in Chicago about 5 years ago. The manifold is an Edelbrock LD6B with the Chrysler part number and it has the 4782 and 4783 carbs on it. He told me that there was plenty of Mr. Norm's Direct Connection stuff in that area at the time even though this setup was not from a Mr. Norm's car.

Yes if your looking for copying a Mr Norm 71 GSS demon, or restoring one I'm 99% sure you would need the chevy carbs. The 4782/83 are mechanical, flow slightly more than the stock setup, were sold through Direct Connection/Hustle Stuff. The 4782/83 carbs were not even around as far as i know in 1970/71.

I've spoken to the owner of this setup and he sent me some pictures.
He said I could post them.
It is possible that it is for sale.
You would have to PM him.
I'm only passing on what I was told and pics so you can figure out
what it is.

Attachments

• sixpac 1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 213
  • sixpac 2.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 234
  • sixpac 3.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 218
  • sixpac 4.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 214
wrong side?

......not a "know it all" by far but do a little research before you call us know it all's "out"....:happy1:

Yes if your looking for copying a Mr Norm 71 GSS demon, or restoring one I'm 99% sure you would need the chevy carbs. The 4782/83 are mechanical, flow slightly more than the stock setup, were sold through Direct Connection/Hustle Stuff. The 4782/83 carbs were not even around as far as i know in 1970/71.

Correct

I don't know him, we only spoke on the phone and he
sent me some pictures of the setup.
I asked if he wanted me to post up his pics as he hadn't
figured out how to post them yet as he is a new member.

I'm not selling this for him and I don't know him, just a heads up to you all
that he said it can be bought.
You will have to PM him to get his info and details.

I don't know him, we only spoke on the phone and he
sent me some pictures of the setup.
I asked if he wanted me to post up his pics as he hadn't
figured out how to post them yet as he is a new member.

I'm not selling this for him and I don't know him, just a heads up to you all
that he said it can be bought.
You will have to PM him to get his info and details.

How can we PM him if we don't know who he is?

-
Back