70 Valiant Duster fender?

-

Daniel J Thurston

Reaction score
I have been having trouble finding a solid not smashed up driver's side fender for my 70 Valiant Duster any leads I can chase. I found a fender but I think it's the wrong year it doesn't have the correct marker light inset and the badge holes in the right spot.any help would be appreciated thanks

A fender off ‘70 4 door Valiant would bolt right on too. If the marker lights were the same in 71 then any 71 4 door Valiant fender would bolt right on too. Don’t buy a ‘70/71 Dodge Dart/Demon fender as they have a different wheel opening shape compares to Plymouth.

'70-1 Valiant/Duster/Scamp use the same exact fender, not counting emblems and moldings. A '67 to '76 fender will bolt on and work if you're willing to do some relatively minor modifications. '67 has no side light, '68 has a round side light, '69 has a rectangular side reflector, '70-1 has the flush mounted rectangular side light, '72-7 have the surface mounted rectangular side light. '70-72 have a welded on tab for the grille/latch support crossbar that would need to be transferred off the old fender (or fabbed) and welded onto any of the other years. There may be some other headlight areas that are different too for mounting the buckets and bezels. Naturally, molding and emblem holes would have to be drilled or filled as the case may be.

-
Back