70DartMike's road trip across Canada / US

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Well, I'm currently working 500 meters underground in northern Saskatchewan in a uranium mine.
This is my last week here, and I'm quitting, and Carmen and I are driving across Canada and back through the US. We're leaving April 16, and giving ourselves 2 months.
We're driving our 1975 Chevy G20 camper van, 350 auto, 3.07's. It actually gets about 25 MPG.
We live about as far western Canada as you can go, on Vancouver Island. We're planning on going all the way to St. Johns, NL, then head back west through the northern US.

So this is going to be a travel thread. I'll update it as we go, and if any members are up for meeting us, we're all for it. We'll probably stick somewhat around the trans Canada hwy, but if anyone has any recommendations for interesting places to see, please share. As for coming back through the US, we don't have a route.

So, let me know.

Enjoy your time away Mike, Keep us updated :coffee2:
congratulation on the time away
from that underground stuff, I could not imagine :glasses7:

I hope you have a camera :D

I'm is Minnesota USA, central part, lots of cool stuff to see here, stop by and say hi! :D

If you get near Niagara Falls its a really cool site to see, especially at night.

Enjoy your time away Mike, Keep us updated :coffee2:
congratulation on the time away
from that underground stuff, I could not imagine :glasses7:

I hope you have a camera :D

Thanks Mike, actually there are quite a few Americans down there. The company flies then home every 2 weeks. So far I've met 2 guys from South Carolina, 1 from north Carolina, 3 from Florida, and 1 from Mississippi.

I am in Moncton,NB. Let me know what you are looking for in this area and I will be more than glad to point you in the right direction. Let me know when you are going through this area and we will try to get together.

John Wheeler

The wife and I went out to Moparfest last year. Niagara Falls was cool, we will be going back sometime, and I don't know if you like roller coasters, but Wonderland was awesome! I wasn't sure about it at first but after the first ride, we bought fast lane tickets and rode them all!

If you are in Central Oklahoma let us know.Enjoy your vacation.

The wife and I went out to Moparfest last year. Niagara Falls was cool, we will be going back sometime, and I don't know if you like roller coasters, but Wonderland was awesome! I wasn't sure about it at first but after the first ride, we bought fast lane tickets and rode them all!

Good to know, I didn't even think about that. I was thinking Silverwood Park in Idaho on the way back, I used to go there with my dad when I was a kid.

That's one hell of a Power tour!! I'd like to do that someday soon.
I'm in Ottawa, so if you need anything or just want to have an idea what to do, let me know.
Hopefully summer will be here when you come thru....

Have fun and be safe

Go to Tripadvisor travel forums for route ideas. Niagara Falls is my favoite place in Canada--yet I haven't seen much of Canada but I like the Falls over Toronto

............Good luck Mike on ur guy's oddesy........a few members in Regina........may make it down there when ur coming thru if its a saturday or sunday...........take care buddy.....................kim..........

Dartmike if you are looking for warm weather come on down to Mississippi I am sure the guy you met up there from here is freezing up there. Have a safe and fun trip.

Have a great trip Mike! What happened with the job?? I will either be here in Lakefield or in Unity, SK. You have my email so email me to exchange contact info.
If you time it right, Moparfest is on here near the end of August, plus a huge?(all makes) swap meet in Barrie(google Burls Creek) in spring and one in the fall

Cheers
Steve

That's one hell of a Power tour!! I'd like to do that someday soon.
I'm in Ottawa, so if you need anything or just want to have an idea what to do, let me know.
Hopefully summer will be here when you come thru....

Have fun and be safe

Sounds good, I'm sure you'll be hearing from us.

Have a great trip Mike! What happened with the job?? I will either be here in Lakefield or in Unity, SK. You have my email so email me to exchange contact info.
If you time it right, Moparfest is on here near the end of August, plus a huge?(all makes) swap meet in Barrie(google Burls Creek) in spring and one in the fall

Cheers
Steve

The job was only temporary from the start, one can only work 500 meters underground in radiation with a bunch of juice monkeys for so long.
Moparfest would be great, except we're aiming to be back for late June.
I'd definitely like to meet up though.

First stop will be Harrison Hot Springs. They do a really good breakfast buffet. Anyone in Harrison/Agassiz?

Then the 17th we should be in Kamloops for a night, seeing a concert there. Let me know if you're in Kamloops.

Then we should be heading for Bamff ---> Calgary.

There's quite a few camping sites in the Sandbanks area. I've never been, but my kids go every summer. Apparently it's our version of Florida beaches. You might want to check it out.
if you want a spot to park in Ottawa, let me know.
Drive safe

I will be in Unity Sask on April 22nd. Ol kimmer is about an hour south of me. Not sure who all else is in the area. If you are in that neck of the woods get in touch with Kimmer, I wont have internet for a while so wont be on, but could co-ordinate something.

If anyone in BC has a drain pan they don't mind me using, I'd love to stop by and fix my leaking oil pan gasket. We're losing about a half quart a day.

Got it mostly sorted out, thanks to Bruce aka scatpacknorth.

We're in Banff right now having showers. We'll be in Calgary / Edmonton today.

4EEABAC9-883D-47C2-A8A5-6F20F1E2CC25-266-0000002793890ED4_zpsbcb8015d.jpg

-
Back