71/72 Bucket Seats

-

norton

Doing the best that I can
Reaction score
The previous owner of my Duster put bucket seats from a 71 into my 72. My question is can I put 72 seat covers from Legendary on the 71 seat frames ? If so can I use the 71 foam or will I have to try and locate new foam for a 72 ? Thanks in Advance.

I'm not so sure they are the same from 70-76...in 73 they went to a different style where the backs of the buckets no longer had plastic backs but where the seat upholstery completely covered the backs. I am also not sure on the seat foams as well. I looked on the legendary site as I was going the other way - I have a set of 72 buckets and wanted to put them in a 71. Legendary lists the foam for a 71 but I don't believe that same foam part # is listed as working on a 72, otherwise why would they not list it as fitting a 72 as well?
http://www.legendaryautointeriors.c...-70-CUDA-VINYL-70-CHAL-CLOTH-FOAM/detail.html.
I'd be interested in hearing from someone who has actually removed the stock upholstery from both a 71 and a 72 bucket and compared them side by side. I have a feeling the foam buns may be different due to the different listing wires used to form the pleats in the upholstery cover, and the corresponding indentations in the foam for pulling thru the listing wires.

So I wonder if the seat frames are at least the same.
Airgrabber, its to bad we dont live closer together, as I am only changing mine, because I want it to look original. We could just trade seats. lol.

-
Back