71' Dart hood hinge issues

-

vtmopar

Reaction score
Hello,
Got the day off went for a cruise in my Dart,wearing my new "A bodies only T-shirt"
My hood hinges open and close fine but as you can see in the pics they dont sit all the way down.
I can push them down but they do not stay?
What do I need to do to fix this.
This is my first Mopar I have owned it for about 6 weeks. Love the car Meet alot of other Mopar guys just driving it.

Yes I have tried that.
The front is flush. Is there anything I can do to the hinges?
Can the hinges be removed without removing the fenders?
Thanks.

You need to loosen the back bolts closest to the windshield and lift the hood and then tighten the bolts. Hope this helps.
Jim

Just went thru this on my Demon. Tried every way to adjust it, but the right side of my hood would not come down. Here's a pic

View attachment 174616

Hopefully, yours is an adjustment issue. Mine needed a new hinge and yes, you can access the hinge by removing the hood, inner fender, and loosening the lower fender bolts. It's kinda tough, but can be done if patient. Good Luck :cheers:

Nice looking car.
Thanks Hopefully I can get it to adjust or this winter I will repalce the hinges.

I know it's late but before you remove the hood drill two small holes on each side through the hinge and hood so when you replace hood put pins in the holes, put the bolts in and it's all lined up.

-
Back