71 dart swinger 360 mag. oil pan fittment issue

-
Reaction score
Hi,I feel a little silly asking this question.The 360 mag. is in my dart and I bought car without a oil pan on motor. The sump tube hangs down to close to the centerlink not allowing pan to go on.This is my silly QUESTION? Is the oil pickup tube same as sump tube and do I just take sump tube off of oil pump and then just put oil pickup tube on oil pump?I have never ever even seen much at all of a motor in car with oil pan off! Thanks ,Bruce

the oil pick up must match the oil pan...if that is your question...

the center sump needs a pickup designed for the center sump pan..

the pick up screws into the pump....

you should put the oil pan on before you put the engine in the car...otherwise it is a PIA...

I recently did an oil pan reseal on LA. I pulled the pitman arm off of the gear box, and the drivers side tie rod end. That let me swivel the center link out of the way. For me I started pan at the front. It might be necessary to loosen motor mounts to get the pan past the K-member, at the initial angle.

the oil pick up must match the oil pan...if that is your question...

the center sump needs a pickup designed for the center sump pan..

the pick up screws into the pump....

you should put the oil pan on before you put the engine in the car...otherwise it is a PIA...
Thanks,however motor is in car all hooked up.360 magnum motor, so oil pump is in the very rear of block so but I can still use a center sump pan like from a 360 LA motor can't I with matching oil pick up. When you mentioned center sump my pump is in the rear of block

all mopar small block pumps are in the rear...you know..I posted a link on another one of your threads...to the correct pick up........

you will need to take the pump off the engine in order to screw the pickup into the pump...

you will need to drop the center link and raise the engine to get the pan on......

all mopar small block pumps are in the rear...you know..I posted a link on another one of your threads...to the correct pick up........

you will need to take the pump off the engine in order to screw the pickup into the pump...

you will need to drop the center link and raise the engine to get the pan on......[/QUOTE Hi , Thanks I will take my time when I start working on so all should go well i'm sure. I have never done this sort of work before so I am sure it may take me awhile in a day taking my time. I will do as you mentioned and few others.it was at first a few months ago seeming easier to just put a 318 engine in rather then put pan on 360 mag. I like this route much better and thank You, Bruce:D

-
Back