'71 Demon 340 for sale

-

grassy

Reaction score
Folks,

There is a white (with blue stripe) '71 demon 340 for sale locally. Unfortunately, I have no pictures.

At first glance, the body looks straight, has buckets and an automatic on the floor. It looks like there is a top piece missing on the shifter. Interior is black. Could not see mileage.

Price $ 22,900.00

I am heading out on vacation very soon but I can go in and ask questions after I arrive home if anyone is interested.

Ian.

The Odo says 16,500 miles....with the odo of that time missing one digit, it could be 116500.
Hasn't been on the road for 16 years..but now it is.
Bottom seems clean but exhaust seems rusty.
Shifter rubber is now on.
Carpet looks original ..faded in areas.
Seats look good.
Missing pisser fluid bottle...I have seen this on other FABO cars.
Power Brake unit is much smaller than the one I have.
Engine needs detailing. Manafold vs headers.
Can open the bonnet from the outside..has the pins.

The sales rep I walked to was born in the 90s so he didn't know much about it..

Anyone want more info ?

Seems pricey for what you're describing. Sadly pictures would be a lot more help.

Agreed.
The price seems too high for a car that needs some work and detailing.
Pictures would go a long way here......

I know...:banghead:

I shall try. The car actually look really good..paint is quite good...

Ian.

I am heading to a local car show tomorrow....going to try and get some history...

What's with those scoops?? Obviously mounted in the incorrect location, and look to be from a B body, maybe a Superbee!!! Is it me or does the seat pattern also look incorrect?? For $22k I would expect total correctness, but maybe that's just me!!! I like the body color combo though!! Geof

What's with those scoops?? Obviously mounted in the incorrect location, and look to be from a B body, maybe a Superbee!!! Is it me or does the seat pattern also look incorrect?? For $22k I would expect total correctness, but maybe that's just me!!! I like the body color combo though!! Geof

The seats definetly are incorrect and if it's a real 340 car it would have the rally dash,but those could have been removed sometime in the past. But anyway it's too much $$$$ for what I'm seeing.

Scoop location looks pretty close to me. And the ramcharger scoops were in fact the same as the ones on quite a few of the B bodies. I think they just look funny because the whole hood and scoops are white and there's a strange reflection on all of it.

Seats aren't stock.

Not a bad looking car, but not $22k. Not here in the US anyway.

Attachments

• 480 71 demaon (22) copy.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 431
Take $10,000 off and you might be in the right price range. :)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 387
Typical dealer who doesnt specialize in classics. They watch Barrett Jerkson and wait for a chump who knows less than they do about what an a body should be priced at.

Should be a VS29H1Bxxxxxetc (H is the 340) and check the build tag by the battery
for options.

Intake and carb look wrong for 71 and so is the drivers side manifold.

Certainly not22k

nice conversion with good paint

Mustang/ comet seats?bet the pan has extra holes for the mopar seat tracks that are no longer in it

I wouldn't buy it for that price.
It might be a good project car, but i doubt that it's a real 340 car.
I'm no purist, but there are a lot of things that stick out like a sore thumb that's blatantly wrong with the car.......
Wrong seats
Wrong stripes
Wrong gauge cluster for a 340 car
Wrong shifter
Wrong exhaust manifold on the driver's side
Wrong valve covers
No washer bottle and associated parts
Wiring has white over spray on it
And many other little things.....
Keep in mind that the dealership probably wants to double the price they paid for it, which adds up to they paid for it what it is actually worth.
Run Forrest! Run!
Just my 2 cents FWIW.
Tom.

Front valance looks pushed in, Wrong hood pins, antenna wrong, biggest thing is it's most likely /6 or 318 car.

Wrong exhaust manifold on the driver's side
Wrong valve covers
Tom.

They are aftermarket valve covers ..I have a similar set on mine...as well as the shifter..

I goggled a bunch of 340 pics and the only difference I can see is that
the manifold is rusty but not different...

~~ on the stripe comment as well..

Front valance looks pushed in, Wrong hood pins, antenna wrong, biggest thing is it's most likely /6 or 318 car.

Hood pins are the same as the one in black in this thread and the antenna is the same as it (and mine as well)...what do you see that makes it different ?

Manifold does look wrong but the pic is crummy, one thing that isn't correct to the plane eye is the 19" /6 radiator. Guessing there is a lot of bondo and a wimpy rear axle under this car. Probably a 8k car at best and that might be a little high!

Hood pins are the same as the one in black in this thread and the antenna is the same as it (and mine as well)...what do you see that makes it different ?
they are the right diameter but they are flat and not raised, they are the old super shop specials by mr gasket, the antenna bezel is wrong its a rectangle, like i said the pics arnt great but i think this is a bondo bucket, /6 , demon

-
Back