71 Duster Radio bezel HELP needed

-

Ooh barracuda

Reaction score
My 1971 Duster has a perfect Dash, The chrome and woodgrain on the dash are perfect. Someone in the early 70's cut the Radio bezel and installed a Mopar cassette radio I want to put in the original AM radio and want to keep my bezel, Does anyone make a plate to fit over the cut bezel? OR any help would be great.

Attachments

• 2016-04-03 14.24.20.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 123
There isn't a repair plate if that's what you're asking. There is a radio delete plate ( rare and expensive ).
I'll assume the hacksaw did get into the upper and/or lower chrome rails. A patch job wouldn't look any better than what I see now. My opinion... leave it as is until the bezel needs restored or replaced.

I fixed the one in my duster using a standard radio plate.I just added the center part that I needed never touched the chrome above or under it. It looks like it came there. No one ever noticed it.

I will take pics of it next time we get it out of the race trailer.

I only repainted the black after it was fitted. Filing and fitting the peice you use and your dash bezel is the most time consuming . I used solvent cement and added pieces over the seam in the backside for support. Its been in there for over 20 years.

-
Back