[FOR SALE] 71 scamp parts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Understood - I'll wait!

here you go...got to it sooner than I thought.

20200108_160715.jpg

I'm sorry - I meant the radio bezel, not the radio itself. I'm talking about the piece that goes over the sheet metal dash that covers the radio/heater controls or maybe just the heater controls? I've seen all kinds of combos! My car is missing the bezel/has none so if I can find a bezel, I can then work on a radio too! Let me know if you have such a bezel. Thx!

I'm sorry - I meant the radio bezel, not the radio itself. I'm talking about the piece that goes over the sheet metal dash that covers the radio/heater controls or maybe just the heater controls? I've seen all kinds of combos! My car is missing the bezel/has none so if I can find a bezel, I can then work on a radio too! Let me know if you have such a bezel. Thx!

That is the bezel on the top radio...some have a big wood grain & black piece that covers all the metal and the cool ones just have a simple bezel and you can still see a lot of metal of the dash.if your dash doesn't have a bunch of holes in it it's probably supposed to have this one.

Last edited:
Ahhh...I see why we are both confused! So that has been something bothering me since I got this car (72 Demon). What DID these cars come with? Mine's a non-A/C car and there's about a 7-1/2" x 2" rectangular hole cut where the radio goes. I assume it was cut out at some point by someone (this was a drag car all its life). So I am trying to get ahold of the large bezel that goes from above the heater controls to the bottom just below the radio which would cover this hole. My 71 Demon (LM in the VIN) has this large bezel but it's an original 340 car. This 72 is an original 318 car (LL in the VIN so a cheaper car). My 72 has the small bezel for the heater control but it's not in great shape so it won't take too much to upgrade it. I'm thinking to put the large 1-pc bezel in the car and cover the whole thing (the 72 is more of a "customized car as it has a cage, no back seat, etc, etc). If you have something like that, let me know please. If not, I'll hang onto your info and know you have a radio that I might want if I can get the bezel and make it look original. (and BTW, what would you want for the radio?) Thx!

Yeah,there isn't a 1 piece except for the one with wood grain that extends on to the glove box door on a demon or duster 318/slant 6,the dart swinger and custom had a totally different dash up to 71 and it had a 1 piece that covered the radio and the heat/ac controls...thats probably the one you're thinking of.
I have a 72 am radio I'll take 50$ for,no bezel for it tho.

So since I'm starting from "nothing" (just an empty hole in the metal dash that looks to me like it was cut larger), do you know the dimensions on the radio you have a pic of above (the one with the black knobs)? I'll bet it would go into an opening that's less than 7-1/2" wide which would confirm to me that the dash was indeed cut and I'll have to come up with a "Plan B" - either find one of those 1-piece parts or make something up myself.
As for your offer, I'm going to hold onto this info so when I need a radio, I know who to contact.

Easy to tell if it's been cut,factory on a 318 car there would be a small rectangular hole and a round hole on each side of the rectangular hole...sounds like yours has been cut.

Do you have the drip rail trim for the drivers side and trim for the vinyl top by the rear window

20200121_135741.jpg
Sold headliner,doors,rear upper panels,vinyl top trim and roof rail...driver side quarter is perfect and pass.side is near perfect with a little rust at rear lower area.

Last edited:
Hello,
Do you have any other photos of your radio? Does it have the fastening nuts on it? I might be interested in it if it is in good working condition and the chrome buttons are in good shape.
It just made noise,i don't think that qualifies as working...all the hardware is included and buttons are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back