71 swinger fuel issue

-

71dartswing

Reaction score
hello i have a 71 swinger im having a issie with its not getting gas from the tank. i have put a new fuel pump on also. i can bypass the tank and run it off a different fuel pump and street/strip tank.. any info i can get on this would be extremly helpfull... this is my frist mopar

The stock mechanical fuel pump does create a suction on the inlet side. If there is even a slight air leak in that line, air is all you'll get. In most cases the short rubber line from fuel rail to pump is OEM with a crimped clamp. Start hunting the leak right there.
The interior of that piece of hose may be shot too so best to just replace hose and clamps here and the similar assembly at the tank. 12 inches of 5/16 neoprene hose and 4 clamps may be all you need. Good luck

In addition to the post above, the fuel sock on the end of the sender inside the tank could be plugged. There is also a short piece of rubber line back by the tank, check that as well.

Try blowing out the sender but not too high of a pressure. I had the same issue before and the tank sealant in the tank was coming off and plugging up the line because the sock was missing.

-
Back