'71 Swinger! Like it or Not

-
Lol I have no idea. I just know I love the 338s, only problem is they're high as a kite! I'll pry just run rallyes or mustang bullitts. Anywho, I'll stop hijacking. Lol

Cool acquisition-congrats!

I actually like it as a whole package...really dig the paint scheme, so-so on the wheels...maybe they look a little weird in pictures. I personally like a Quicksilver shifter...I never understood the disdain for them. They don't look any less functional or "pretty" than a Hurst Quarterstick without a beauty cover, IMO. Seats look pretty comfy and supportive. Dunno how I feel about the scoop...I don't hate it though. I'd drive it!

How does it drive?

Cool acquisition-congrats!

I actually like it as a whole package...really dig the paint scheme, so-so on the wheels...maybe they look a little weird in pictures. I personally like a Quicksilver shifter...I never understood the disdain for them. They don't look any less functional or "pretty" than a Hurst Quarterstick without a beauty cover, IMO. Seats look pretty comfy and supportive. Dunno how I feel about the scoop...I don't hate it though. I'd drive it!

How does it drive?

drives like a dream. I will be getting a hood with a scoop, it will hide the air intake and help the body lines I think.

The only real problem with the wheels is the size, 18" with low profile tires. I wouldn't mind the wheels if they were 15" with some proper meat :D

I would tend to agree with the wheels as well...maybe some 15x7 front 15x8 rear rallys or some welds...

Here is some of the "dyno" info K&S Machine supplied about the engine they built for this dart:

qbJ257i.jpg

I like "A" Dart, but this one I can see a few things that would have to go.. the wheels and regular Polyglas tires, and the Rallye rims to be the first I'd bolt on... the deck stripe would have to be matched to the roof color, and that hood would have to.... the holes cut into it for the air scoop aren't my thing.....BUT a good looking hood scoop not an air scoop off the carbs tho....

I agree with who ever said Amature Foose. And even Foose's taste isn't one I'm "with" to say the least....These cars were only original...............................ONCE! REPAIMNT, sure, REBUILD motor SURE, ALL of the same original colors, engine type, wheels, etc.....as original as they can be I guess......Those were when the "big 3" had taste, specially the one we all favor!

Yes, there is a stripe on the valance if done correctly. This is an actual Dodge publicity photo provided by Allpar.com. You can clearly see the stripe continues onto the wraparound portion of the rear valance, and terminates just past the lower rear body line:

Also...out of curiosity I checked out the pics of your Dart (very nice car btw), and you have the stripe on the rear valance. So now I'm a bit confused how you could think it's not correct to do so.

Ooops, my bad.....
Yes that is correct. For some reason I was thinking the valance connected right on that corner but now I see what your talking about.
When I first read what you said I thought you were referring to the stripe continuing across under the valance, sorry

But ya thats what I was getting at when I said the stripe ends right on that corner there and should not end on the seam. :thumbrig:

I bought the car for a good amount less than his asking price.

The original pics in your post didn't do the car any justice. In this pic the body appears to be straight, and the wheels are not as bad as I thought before.
However, the stripe and hood is 2 issues that if replaced properly can really make this car look sexy

Congrats on your new ride !:burnout:

The original pics in your post didn't do the car any justice. In this pic the body appears to be straight, and the wheels are not as bad as I thought before.
However, the stripe and hood is 2 issues that if replaced properly can really make this car look sexy

Congrats on your new ride !:burnout:
The wheels aren't as bad in person. I will keep them on this year I think. To go smaller means dealing with clearance issues of the headers, oilpan, and the transmission pan, all which hang down fairly low. I just want to enjoy the car for a bit before dumping money into it :D

Since buying the car I've received no less than 10 offers to but the damn thing and lost count on how many times I had to sit for 10 or 15 minutes answering question after question about the bloody thing. And three offers of "dates" all with my girlfriend standing beside me. :D

Had an 80 year old couple ask me if I would take their picture standing beside a "really cool car".

Sharp car!
Save some coin and just drive it! Each to his own.
FYI, if you change your rim size it won't affect your clearance issues as long as you buy a tire close to the width/height you have know.
Here's what I use, its actually pretty close.

http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-chart/
:burnout:

Yes but the height of the tire now rubs on the wheel well when turning too sharply. :banghead:

Since buying the car I've received no less than 10 offers to but the damn thing and lost count on how many times I had to sit for 10 or 15 minutes answering question after question about the bloody thing. And three offers of "dates" all with my girlfriend standing beside me. :D

Had an 80 year old couple ask me if I would take their picture standing beside a "really cool car".

I gotta get my Duster done!! LOL

Yes but the height of the tire now rubs on the wheel well when turning too sharply. :banghead:

Try turning your torsion bar adjuster up a few turns. It will help with the rubbing and level out your rake of your car a little. The car might not have been adjusted for the weight of the big block, does it feel quite bouncy in the front suspension when driving?
Is it tire height or rim offset?

Definitely looks better in your pics than his.
I started to watch his walkaround video but had to stop. Why can't people turn their phone sideways to do a video?

Definitely looks better in your pics than his.
I started to watch his walkaround video but had to stop. Why can't people turn their phone sideways to do a video?

Yeah even the pictures on his ad were vertical. But not everyone is technologicaly savy

cool car, but those eyeballs need to go.

-
Back