71swinger longer wheel studs?

-

WA71swinger

Reaction score
I need longer wheel studs on my swinger to fit American Racing wheels. Stock disk front brakes. 8 3/4 rear with drums. LBP. fronts need to be at least an inch longer than stock. Summit wants to know Knurl diameter. Is there a standard diameter for stock rotors on the front and drums on the rear? Where do I go to find out. Also they list 3.5 inch ARP bolts. thats fine out back but can I find something a little shorter up front? Anyone been down this road? 15x7 American Racing Outlaws 3.75" backspacing. 235/60 out back. 195/60 or 205/60 in front (not sure which tires to buy, followed summits recommendation and now have a useless pair of Mickey Thompson 215/70/15 tires that are way way way too tall for the wheel wells). Any help would rock!!! buying the right stuff the first time rules!!!!!

The wheel studs on my 70 Swinger with 10" drums Are .472 knurl 7/16"-20 studs. I'm running 215/65r15 fronts no clearance issues on a 15x7 rally's with 4.25" back spacing. Good Luck with Summit, it's always best to do your own research before calling them. The factory used E-70 which was 25.6" tall, the 215/65-15 is 26" tall so that's only .200" per side taller than stock

I need longer wheel studs on my swinger to fit American Racing wheels. Stock disk front brakes. 8 3/4 rear with drums. LBP. fronts need to be at least an inch longer than stock. Summit wants to know Knurl diameter. Is there a standard diameter for stock rotors on the front and drums on the rear? Where do I go to find out. Also they list 3.5 inch ARP bolts. thats fine out back but can I find something a little shorter up front? Anyone been down this road? 15x7 American Racing Outlaws 3.75" backspacing. 235/60 out back. 195/60 or 205/60 in front (not sure which tires to buy, followed summits recommendation and now have a useless pair of Mickey Thompson 215/70/15 tires that are way way way too tall for the wheel wells). Any help would rock!!! buying the right stuff the first time rules!!!!!

Are they 71 stock SBP disc brakes or 73 up LBP disc brakes?

Are they 71 stock SBP disc brakes or 73 up LBP disc brakes?

LBP disks. I have 5 on 4 1/2 all the way around. I measure 1" of threads on the studs now. 1/2 to 1" longer on front would work nicely. Would like to go 3" on rear as I drag race at the local track on weekends and this car should be significantly faster than my small block swinger.

I bought mine at the local speed shop for bbp unicast rotors. They were 1/2" 20x3" and the knurl was maybe .580? Possibly bigger but don't recall.

LBP disks. I have 5 on 4 1/2 all the way around. I measure 1" of threads on the studs now. 1/2 to 1" longer on front would work nicely. Would like to go 3" on rear as I drag race at the local track on weekends and this car should be significantly faster than my small block swinger.

You might want to contact Dr. Diff on your studs.

There are so many different sizes I think I better pull one from the front and one from the back and measure. Thanks for the info/advice.

-
Back