72 dart dash harness in a 69 cuda

-

69fastbackfish

Reaction score
Is it possible to make it work, or should I just buy a 69 dash harness?
I already have the 72 harness but before I buy relays and buzzers I need some opinions

You can only get the base 69 harness. If you want the ignition lamp time delay and headlight warning etc. you will have to make it or source a good one as they are seperate harnesses. If you are not doing a stock rebuild then go aftermarket and avoid the issues inherent in the original harneses. Just a suggestion....

Get the manual and cross check the harnesses for compatiblity.

Here is a remake of the 69 documents.

A 72 dash harness has quite a few differences, mostly due to the ignition switch changing. The 70 and up switch carries more current so it has more and larger gauge wires. Differences between standard and rally cluster are simple by comparison.

I have a dash out of a 69 dart complete with wiring already pulled will chk and see how good it is,I will never use it,still has a dart trans radio[am]think its missing the ign switch and light switch but rest still intact,speedometer,glovebox etc...I will chk it out and get back to you...

Ok,chk'd it out,seems wire harness is amazingly intact other than someone spliced in speaker wires which I removed,the fusebox looks good,was an ac car,there are 4 prongs on the back of the gauge cluster broke off but doesnt affect the wiring harness,and is missing the ign switch and light switch,doesnt appear that anything is cut or cracked..

i was wondering what the black and red heaveier wire comming off the fuse box is for, seems like the black is the gauge feed and the red is constantly hot. im trying to work out bugs and i realize there are relays and buzzers. however im checking things with a lighted tester. my fuse box reads 2291593 and 2857826. im just want to get the right things at indy this weekend, and not more parts that i cant use

3 of the gauges and the park brake lamp get there 12 volt supply from dark blue w/ white tracer. Heavy red and black behind the inst' cluster go to the ALT' gauge.
At the fuse box you have wires that are hot at all times, wires that are hot at switch on, and more. If factory wiring diagrams aren't helping you, pictures might help us.

-
Back