72 duster racecar to streetcar

-

quartermilepass

Reaction score
hey guys hows it going, traded a jrdragster for a 1972 plymouth duster 340 about 2 years ago, just would like to show some pictures of the car then and now, and if anyone has any pointers or comment nice or bad idc lol feel free to post.

when i go the car, all lexan windows , no headlights,knew nothing about motor trans rear. no offense but it was like most ihra cars we see, alot needs to be changed to run nhra, yep even had a chain steering wheel.

yes this car was forsale on here, had no one really interested so decided to keep it

over few years we replaced

all lexan out new glass / tires / polyeurethane bushings front and back / headlights / alternator / msd box / rewired with up to date switches and fuses / motor refreshed along with heads trans built with torque convetter opened up / new 4.10 gears with a spool in rear/ headers/mufflers

as you can see i have collected / door panels / dash board / also have new leaf springs / tail lights with lenses and wiring for it / new whole grille

motor/trans are currently out of car along with grille bumpers lights to have motor trans resealed like i always do every year and get the car painted a darker blue. hope you enjoy the pictures

car ran 11.80s when taken apart with a bad carb tune up through the mufflers. just cant wait to get back out there and race.

http://s66.beta.photobucket.com/user/Racer0792/library/Racing/1972%20plymouth%20duster

also with taking motor apart compression was 175 on all cylinders H beam rods crank is .010 knew it was a good reason i kept this car

when we got it, bar was not legal to go faster than 11.50 the side bars are to low, no headlights , 4.86 gear was to stout for anything past 1/8th mile. fuel cell was not covered ( mounted under the trunk floor with the cell itself exposed). car has come along way. also it had like a 6 inch chain steering wheel.

i just cant wait to get it back from paint, need to find a 4inch cowl hood and chrome bumpers or even bad chromed bumpers id just paint them and it should be complete

-
Back