72 Plymouth Scamp Wheel/Tire Combo

-

thebobbydigi

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm totally new to the forum and just recently bought by scamp. I've been doing some work and to even things out, lifted the suspension 2 inches in the rear.

I'm not sure what wheel/tire combo will fit. I've dug through the forum and am having a hard time nailing down specifics.

I like the Cragar SS look but want something that will fill out the wheel well.

I appreciate any advice!

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 388
The Cragar SS wheel should work fine with the right sized tire. Love the look of those too. Nice care by the way

Thanks FlyingFalcon.

I guess my question is more around the specific dimensions. I am clueless on what to order, wheel and tire.

First off, welcome to fabo!! Secondly, you need to find out what bolt pattern your car has! Do you have disc brakes in the front, or are the brakes drum all the way around! If you have disc up front, your car will have the 4.5" bolt circle, which really opens up your rim choices! You can get Cragars in just about any rim circle, but if you want to fill up the wheel well, 15" rims and some 70 series sidewall tires will fill it up nicely!! If you're into the more modern look, I'm sure you can get some 17" rims up front and 18's out back and profile the tires as you desire!

First off, welcome to fabo!! Secondly, you need to find out what bolt pattern your car has! Do you have disc brakes in the front, or are the brakes drum all the way around! If you have disc up front, your car will have the 4.5" bolt circle, which really opens up your rim choices! You can get Cragars in just about any rim circle, but if you want to fill up the wheel well, 15" rims and some 70 series sidewall tires will fill it up nicely!! If you're into the more modern look, I'm sure you can get some 17" rims up front and 18's out back and profile the tires as you desire!

Disc brakes on the front of a 73+ A body means the car has the large bolt pattern. I'm pretty sure all 67 to 72 A body cars (regardless if they had drum or disc front brakes) had the small bolt pattern.

If you have the big bolt pattern then I would go with a 15x7 with around 4-4.5 back spacing on the back and a 14x6 in the front. If you have a small bolt pattern it might be harder to find wheels but the size I mentioned will still be good.

-
Back