72 satellite to 73 duster donor question

-

derekm803

Reaction score
Hey. Got a line on a 72 satellite as a pissible parts donor just need to know which of theses parts exchange. 318 & trans. Power disc brake set up, rear end n steering column. Are those gonna be 4.5 bp too? Thanks in advance.

Depending on what condition the Satellite is in, you might find some Mopar fans "pissible" that you're parting it out.

Yes, the engine and trans will swap. Rear axle will be wider than an Abody unit but folks make them work. Driveshaft will be too long but can be cut.

I think the spindles are different but it's likely that many/most of the brake components will swap. All will be 4.5" bolt pattern which is likely the same as your Duster (though some apparently still had the small pattern in 73).

Mine still has 4in pattern. Moter n trans is all i would bother with then. The rest would be a part out.

What about a 1978 volare? Be able to use that engine trans(318) brakes n such?

The Volare stuff will work better than the Satellite parts.

The front spindles and brakes will all swap over, all you'll need is big ball joint upper control arms. Or sleeves for the old ones. Engine and transmission will swap no problem. You can even use the rear axle, it's slightly longer than an A body but a much better fit than the rear out of the Satellite.

-
Back