72 Swinger Special

-

71ChallengerSE

A, B, & E Owner
Reaction score
Hey all I just turned 18 and I thought I might put up my latest mopar project. Its a 1972 Dart Swinger "Special" that has been sitting in an impound yard for about the last 10 years. $350 later and it was mine. It was missing a lot including the entire front suspension except for the V8 k-frame. It was a 318 car w/ AC but that is all gone. Most of the missing exterior parts were in the car including brand new weather stripping and brand new 340 torsion bars. Also inside the car were a pair of dart/demon/duster fiberglass doors which I traded for $350 worth of machine work on the 383 for my Challenger. Its a slow work in progress but I must thank Jon (fenderman33) for all the parts that I have needed for this and my other Dart.

Here are the pics

1219091053c.jpg

1219091119.jpg

1223091631.jpg

1223091632.jpg

1223091632a.jpg

1223091633a.jpg

1223091634.jpg

1223091636.jpg

1223091639a.jpg

1223091639b.jpg

Nice work! Looks like a real solid car!

That's almost close to my steal, got mine for $400 :) Gotta love cheap detroit steel! (no pun intended haha)

The seats came out of a dodge durango from the local pick-n-pull. They were very cheap, like $60, and are leather with a power drivers seat. I haven't gotten them bolted down yet, I have to modify the front seat tracks and cut a metal bar out of the rear seat track. Because it was a Swinger "Special" it didn't have a carpet but a one piece rubber mat that ran front to rear. It protected the floor pretty well but it does have pin holes and the fronts still need to be replaced. The mat was real nasty so I put the black carpet in that I got from fenderman33. Thanks again Jon.

Just think...if the guy had answered the phone when I called I'd have used this car for parts instead of giving you all my spare parts for it. I have that bench seat in my garage if you want still.
-Jon

Just think...if the guy had answered the phone when I called I'd have used this car for parts instead of giving you all my spare parts for it. I have that bench seat in my garage if you want still.
-Jon

I got it for parts too but then realized it was just too nice to cut up

Wow, studying the pics, I see you've come a long way with it already in a short time.

Sweet car man! Loads of potential. Wish I could find a deal like that.

What happened to the steel slot mags it was wearing? I love those wheels!8)

Hey where did you get the gas tank from? How do you like the fit and whatnot? Looking to buy one for my 74. Thanks cool project!

-
Back