72 Valiant turn signals

-

elvaliant66

Reaction score
I just replaced the turn signal cam.when I first popped the cam off of the driving gear I heard a ping and sen a little sheet metal piece on the floor.I couldn't figure out where it came from, just continued putting the signal cam on .I put it on and now I get my lights/parking lights on ,all my signal lights front and back.but now my passenger side rear brake light doesn't work also when I turn my emergency flashers the passenger side also doesn't work.so basically everything works but my passenger rear flasher light and passenger brake light.anyone know what can be the problem? I checked the bulbs and connections all seem fine.perhaps the thin sheet metal is the problem? I don't know where that goes lol.anyone have some pictures?

What repair cam did you buy? If it is the Dorman, get a new one. Been through that and so have many others.
Best off to order the entire switch. Ebay for less than $30 shipped.
Well worth it and only slightly more time to install it compared to the repair cam.
Problem is, the little pins on the back of the cam have to make contact on the switch properly because...All of the lights except the headlights go through the turn signal switch. My guess is one of those little pin clips is not making contact (or is the piece that popped out) and that is why the passenger side is not working.
Sorry for that news, I hope that you find something better out.
Look for turn signal threads and you will find them easy enough.

-
Back