727 pan?

-

Gerry Holmes

Reaction score
can anyone give me any info on a original 727 pan that will fit the chrysler 2464324AC reuseable gasket? as you can see by the pictures the new gasket doesn't line up with the old pan, the gasket is straight at the back, the pan is not. i tried it, and it leaks at that spot where the pans curves in. thanks Gerry
727pan001.jpg
sn't line up with the old
727pan002.jpg
pan

the chrysler dealer sells this gasket as a reusable 727 gasket and various people have told me to get this gasket to stop leaks, so there must be a later 727 pan as its used up until the late 1990's anyway.

the chrysler dealer sells this gasket as a reusable 727 gasket and various people have told me to get this gasket to stop leaks, so there must be a later 727 pan as its used up until the late 1990's anyway.
I did see a few performance pans that looked correct for that gasket so i think you are correct that there should be a stock looking pan for that. I'll keep looking also.

thanks Rick, i saw that one too, seems to be a lot of deeper pans but i'd like to stick with a regular depth one. if chrysler made this special gasket, you'd think they'd have another one that followed the pan lines, the dealers are selling this one to cover all 727's apparently! i made sure that my pan was dead flat when i installed it, and the only place that it leaked was where the gasket went straight and the sealing ridge was off the pan! and my pan is the factory one that came with it. thanks Gerry

thanks Rick, i saw that one too, seems to be a lot of deeper pans but i'd like to stick with a regular depth one. if chrysler made this special gasket, you'd think they'd have another one that followed the pan lines, the dealers are selling this one to cover all 727's apparently! i made sure that my pan was dead flat when i installed it, and the only place that it leaked was where the gasket went straight and the sealing ridge was off the pan! and my pan is the factory one that came with it. thanks Gerry

I can understand why it would leak there, not much to seal against. I also understand the need for a stock looking pan considering the theme of your car, which is beautiful by the way. I'll keep nosing around and if anything comes up i'll holler at ya'.

-
Back