727 & Transgo TF2 Shift kit question

-

DonnieLawson

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I have the shift kit installed in the valve body , front band adjusted , and welch plug installed. Now I need to install the new spring into the L/R servo

The valve body is still on the bench until I get the rear servo spring upgraded
My question is , How do I remove the servo to install the spring. I removed the adjuster off the band hoping I would have room to pivot it out of the way . There's not enough room. Any tips guys ?
I haven't removed the C-clip yet because I don't think I will have room. Will it wiggle around it ?

Big-block 76-77 727 Transmission with Trans-Go TF2 shift kit
Thanks
Donnie

Attachments

• 727 tranny 2012-04-14 014 (Medium).jpg
    129 KB · Views: 1,669
  • 727 tranny 2012-04-14 011 (Medium).jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,237
  • 727 tranny 2012-04-14 012 (Medium).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,298
you have to remove the band strut in order to get the servo out its a pain to get it out and back in when you get it out look at what way it came out cause to my eyes its a little on the rectangular side

on the middle servo my boss told me to leave one of the springs out when i built my 727 to get a firmer shift but i forgot which one it is if i remember correctly its the smaller diamater one but im not sure

you have to remove the band strut in order to get the servo out its a pain to get it out and back in when you get it out look at what way it came out cause to my eyes its a little on the rectangular side

X2
It is a pain, use a large screw driver to pry on the arm and a smaller one to pop out the strut. It takes a little of playing around with.

Kenny

The instructions clearly tell how to do it. Did you read them? If you don't have instructions PM me and I'll e-mail a copy to you.

You need to clean that case.
The parking rod can be left on the valve body. The band strut can come out to access the servo or you can take the tail shaft housing off to pull out the adjuster pivot.

Did you pull the trans to put in a shift kit? If you have it out already, why not rebuild it.

The trans was in the car , I just put a shift kit in in.
I got it done last night . After some playing around with it I pushed the band up against the drum while pushing the lever up into servo . The small linkage piece fell right out.
Yes, LOL... the case is ratty and needing cleaned... So is the rest of the truck..

Attachments

• RatRod 3-17-12 2012-03-17 015 (Medium).jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,126
Took it out for a ride tonight........ SWEEEEEEEEET !! Shifting awesome
I'm gonna go deaf driving this thing around :) At least I wont hear the old lady naggin :)

-
Back