727 trany shift linkage help...got to fix by weekend..

-

Mrkidd

Reaction score
I just got my trany rebuilt Nd the shift levers on the transmission worked when it wasnt installed....I installed put everything back together and only the bottom of the two levers clicks through the gears.now.....when I move the column shiter it doesn't click through gears either...please some help here...do I need the top lever or can I just run it to the bottom one....?o

So they might be switched ....I don't know if its tourqe flight ..stock slant six.... ok so only the bottom clicks..ill switch the rods and see what happens....and is there any tricks to install any of you vets would care to pass down

bottom post is shifter,top of post is kick down.....

what I would do is manually click it until you find neutral (should be able to turn your tire and the drive shaft will spin free) then put the shifter on your column in the neutral position and then hook up your linkage and it should be calibrated correctly from there.

on my cable driven floor mounted shifter I put the shifter in park and the trans in park and I adjusted my cable to those positions and it was adjusted perfect right off the bat.

-
Back