727 valve body ?

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
can anyone tell by looking at a valve body and tell if its not stock, or maybe performance one. the one on the left came out of a tci trans,that I have no info on it. a red front band, everything else looked stock. had a break a way stall, and deep pan, the other one is a stock one from an rv... if the tci one is better I want to use it.. View attachment PIC00047.jpg

View attachment PIC00046.jpg

I'd be pretty certain that gold plate is not stock, but as to "whut it is" and who's to say what the right hand one?

Even at my diminished physical self, it would be cheaper for "me" to try it and see what it is, but that's just me. They're not that much trouble to change in the car

Use the TCI body since it already has some kind of kit in it as well as the part throttle kickdown assembly already on it.
The gold plate is kind of a dead giveaway that it has "some sort of mods"

I'll download the picture and repost it in a min with some info.

First pic shows the part throttle kickdown assembly and the second is a picture from another member showing how the valve body was modded by filing two grooves in the casting per the TF2 kit instructions.

This would be the only way to tell from the outside of the valve body as far as I know.
Like I said though, the gold plate is a dead giveaway the "something" has been modded.

I would try the TCI body and see what it does.

Attachments

• vb.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 101
  • filed.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 95
Look for an engraved part number on the valve body....

-
Back