73 318

-
but Is it needed just trying to save some money/time

Fabbing your own.....money saved, yes. Time saved,???

Gettin' late here in the east. I'll see what I can find as far as pics/info go in the AM and post it. You're gonna get there, and it's gonna be a nice ride. :thumleft:

If the cam bearings need replaced, likely the engine is in such bad shape it needs more than a cam. In other words, "not normally."

this is what I am after

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqZ35kXyugw"]1973 Dart 318 w/ Comp Cams XE268 & flowmaster 40's - YouTube[/ame]

Ok. So you're after a mismatched combo. A cam that sounds like that will need a looser than stock converter and at least 3.55 gears, along with raised compression, headers and a good intake. If sound is all you want, then just stab a big cam in it and call it a day. It'll be a dead dog without everything else mentioned, but it'll sound good. And yes, you need to install new matching valve springs with whatever your choice is.

damn I never changed out a cam, I just dont want to go with a peice of junk, Just looking for something that gives the car a nice rumble at idle but runs well , I plan on a 2500-3000 stall in the near future also.

Run the cam I recommended. It will work good regardless of converter, your gear somewhat limits you. Even if you go up to a 3.55 the cam is still a great match. I don't know what else to tell you. I feel like I'm talkin to a wall......in two different threads no doubt. This cam will give you INSTANT throttle response. It will have a great vacuum signal. It'll even run power brakes if you have them. It will RPM close to 6K with matching components. But I digress. If sound is all you want, pick something stupid big and put in it. I'll even recommend you something there too.

You are aware that Crane grinds Summit cams, right? They are good cams. Summit just buys them by the frigton so they get a good price.

I would, yes. Summit should have them in their brand to match them. If not, use Comp 901-16.

-
Back