73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Love the black sharkstooth and holes in the front bumper, but I'm not sure about the silver on top of the bumper. Nice

I know that the bumper paint scheme isn't to everybody's liking, but I thought that since Duster bumpers are on the large side that it would break them up and give them an overall smaller look plus all Black and tucked into the body the way they are would make everything all blend together.

I know that the bumper paint scheme isn't to everybody's liking, but I thought that since Duster bumpers are on the large side that it would break them up and give them an overall smaller look plus all Black and tucked into the body the way they are would make everything all blend together.

I'll admit, when i first saw them, I had my doubts, but the more i look at them, the more I agree and the more I like them.

Sooooooo when are you coming to do my dart

haha :burnout:

I'll admit, when i first saw them, I had my doubts, but the more i look at them, the more I agree and the more I like them.

Sooooooo when are you coming to do my dart

haha :burnout:

Trust me, I had the same doubts before they were painted.....but now I like them.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 600
  • 008.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 574
Today I adjusted the coil-overs and raised the front end 1 3/8" while lowering the rear 5/8". I'm going to swap out the rear 170 lb. springs for something lighter to dial in the stance a bit more. The deep cast aluminum Transmission pan might have to go...it's the lowest part, but the engine oil pan is 5" off the ground.

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 567
  • 011.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 571
  • 017.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 561
  • 018.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 568
  • 023.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 577
  • 030.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 567
  • 031.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 940
  • 028.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 572
  • 013.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 545
WOW, Ross, that car is going to be stunning. Very well done sir.

Looks good....

What percentage of the uninstalled height did the front/rear springs collapse?

Remember to allow for fuel.....about 100 lbs

Looks good....

What percentage of the uninstalled height did the front/rear springs collapse?

Remember to allow for fuel.....about 100 lbs

Percentage....about 45% or 1 3/4" in the front, so It will ride right close to the middle of the QA1 range which is almost 4". As for the rear ??? I didn't get that far, and I sat Dave (Dad) in the trunk to compensate for fuel & back seat, he's almost 200 lbs....the rear dropped 5/8" at the wheel well.

Valve covers came back today... also started cutting the X-pipe for the QTP Electric exhaust cut-outs...once everything is welded together I'll send it out to get Ceramic Coated.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 548
  • 003.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 563
  • 004.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 547
  • 005.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 545
  • 007.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 540
  • 008.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 530
  • 009.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 545
  • 010.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 549
Engine is purty! Exhaust cutouts will get a pretty straight shot the way the X-pipe is configured.

Man that's looking great! I have a deep trans pan sitting up on a shelf as well, not enough clearance. I have just been running the stock depth TCI pan that came with trans but fluid is going through rad and separate cooler, no issues so far. I do have a Mopar performance pan coming that's an additional quart, I'm guessing it's only an inch deeper, maybe not even.
You've nailed it on stance! :thumblef:

Percentage....about 45% or 1 3/4" in the front, so It will ride right close to the middle of the QA1 range which is almost 4". As for the rear ??? I didn't get that far, and I sat Dave (Dad) in the trunk to compensate for fuel & back seat, he's almost 200 lbs....the rear dropped 5/8" at the wheel well.

If a 10" spring is only collapsing 1-3/4"....that is not even 20%

What am I missing?

If a 10" spring is only collapsing 1-3/4"....that is not even 20%

What am I missing?

That's not including the preload I added of another 1 3/8". The 1 3/4" is what the spring collapses once the vehicle weight is applied.

how about a measurement as the car sits......just curious

if the (installed) spring measures 8" at ride height....that would be a 20% collapse.....the pre-load measurement does not enter into the equation.

according to QA1....in this example, you should have a softer spring....the spring ideally should collapse 25-30%

if the (installed) spring measures 8" at ride height....that would be a 20% collapse.....the pre-load measurement does not enter into the equation.

according to QA1....in this example, you should have a softer spring....the spring ideally should collapse 25-30%

Ok got it now....I jacked the car back up to work on the exhaust but I can get that measurement. I believe I have 350 lb springs on it now.

sometimes my splaining isn't the best.........I'm really more of a visual person.

Man that's looking great! I have a deep trans pan sitting up on a shelf as well, not enough clearance. I have just been running the stock depth TCI pan that came with trans but fluid is going through rad and separate cooler, no issues so far. I do have a Mopar performance pan coming that's an additional quart, I'm guessing it's only an inch deeper, maybe not even.
You've nailed it on stance! :thumblef:

Thanks Rod...When I picked up my (CRT) Cope Racing Transmission with his Deep Cast Aluminum Pan installed, I thought Hmmm...that might be an issue with ground clearance, so It might have to get swapped even though I raised the Motor/Transmission almost 1" in the chassis, there's still only 3 1/2" of ground clearance. Good thing I didn't add the Fluid yet. The Stance is still getting tweaked..... but it's close

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 513

Okay the front springs are 350 and are 8 1/2" at ride height on a 10" spring. The rear are 9 3/8" ride height on a 12" spring. Any guess on what to try for spring rate
next ??

Okay the front springs are 350 and are 8 1/2" at ride height on a 10" spring. The rear are 9 3/8" ride height on a 12" spring. Any guess on what to try for spring rate
next ??

It is in the adjustable range now (with pre-load adjustment) to get your stance dialed in...... I would wait until car the is done and ALL weight (including fluids) is on the car....then make a the decision. You might be surprised how adding your hood will change (lower) the ride height and that % measurement will change.

It is in the adjustable range now (with pre-load adjustment) to get your stance dialed in...... I would wait until car the is done and ALL weight (including fluids) is on the car....then make a the decision. You might be surprised how adding your hood will change (lower) the ride height and that % measurement will change.

Ok will do...as long as it's not a big issue and something I can work with, I'll press on.

Yeah......especially THAT hood!

I asked the painter about the hood weight and he said that the light weight springs held it up just fine during mock up, so we will have to see in a couple weeks when I start adjusting the panels and bolt on the hood if it's going to hold it up due to the weight, not to mention what it will do to the suspension.

-
Back