73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Well, it's been a week or so of modifying. First the Aeromotive in tank fuel pump needed about .500'" extra for the pump and filter to fit properly so I made a 1.00" riser and hollowed it out for weight savings then removed the Carb pick up and return fittings and welded the new parts in. second I had to remove the .700 notch in the Milodon oil pan for the drag link since the 4.00" stroker crank, Milodon windage tray and ARP main stud kit didn't play nice together I needed .550" clearance so now that's fixed and finally made shorter sway bar link spacers and trimmed down the bushings to draw everything closer together and tuck it up nice and tight (per Denny's Recommendation) I ended up going from a 5.5" bolt to a 4.5" bolt.

That fuel tank is sexy! Jesus you can weld!

I forgot to upload these pictures just to prove I actually make the stuff I post.

Attachments

• IMG_2401.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_2402.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 654
the only shock was the front upper control arm area, not to bad of a repair. I upgraded the steel to .090 from the thinner factory stuff so it worked out for piece of mind regarding a weak link.

I had to repair mine the same way! same exact problem. BTW, mine is a 72 B3 Duster340 w/ black interior and stripes.

I had to repair mine the same way! same exact problem. BTW, mine is a 72 B3 Duster340 w/ black interior and stripes.

Wow Reno...It took me reading the comment a few times before I realized what part of the build you were referring to......that's going way back to the very beginning, I almost forgot about that. Saw you Youtube video...cool Duster.

God damn that's bad ***. I have to buy everything already made :happy1: amazing build so far.
If I didn't have the means to make all this stuff, my build would not have gone this way...it is a product of opportunity. If you back through my early comments on what my description of the build was going to be, its a lot different now because of new equipment and knowledge I picked up along the way. I don't mind buying stuff already made if it available and if it fits.

Stopped by the engine builders shop today...short block is all together, there seems to be a problem with the ARP head studs and the Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, the nuts can't get full engagement with the longer studs...I took the ARP studs back to Summit Racing to verify they were the correct studs in the correct box (which they were) and then I called ARP to see if they had a solution to the problem (they didn't), they did suggest we order individual length studs since they didn't have a longer kit available, they thought maybe Edelbrock changed the height of there casting. In the last picture you can see the 1/8" plug for the dipstick tube since I will not be using it, I'll utilizing the oil pan's 1/2" plug with a screw in Lokar piece. As always thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Attachments

• duster 001.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 566
  • duster 002.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 568
  • duster 010.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 573
  • duster 013.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 563
  • duster 005.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 564
Stopped by the engine builders shop today...short block is all together, there seems to be a problem with the ARP head studs and the Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, the nuts can't get full engagement with the longer studs...I took the ARP studs back to Summit Racing to verify they were the correct studs in the correct box (which they were) and then I called ARP to see if they had a solution to the problem (they didn't), they did suggest we order individual length studs since they didn't have a longer kit available, they thought maybe Edelbrock changed the height of there casting. In the last picture you can see the 1/8" plug for the dipstick tube since I will not be using it, I'll utilizing the oil pan's 1/2" plug with a screw in Lokar piece. As always thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

engine is looking super. Ross, just give me a heads-up a day in advance so i can be available.......Bring Dave....

I don't have one yet but If you search the internet there are plenty of flexible dipsticks out there that have 1/4" NPT, especially in marine use and all you would need is a 1/4" to 1/2" adapter to make everything work. Here's one for an example.

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-13716-14-npt-flexible-dipstick-kit.aspx

I would bet we could also use something like this and adapt a stock style dipstick.

http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=108

Well It's late...I'm watching Ohio state in a great battle with Clemson and polishing off a bottle of Vodka and peach Iced tea...I think I'll take a page from HemiMarks playbook and break out the credit card and start some online shopping for some a few needed Duster parts..... last time I did this I ended up with a Duel Fast EFI Throttle body set up.. not that I'm complaining about that but this time I don't need anything that cost that much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Damn BUCKEYES lost !!!!!!!

-
Back