73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
I know what you mean. I posted some pictures of my car with the new wheels at the body shop, a few months later some kids in Detroit come out with their "new" car and copied the wheels, the exhaust tips, and a few other things. I was not happy. I'm going to be at a car show and someone is going to think I copied them! That is so not cool.

Too funny!!!

I know what you mean. I posted some pictures of my car with the new wheels at the body shop, a few months later some kids in Detroit come out with their "new" car and copied the wheels, the exhaust tips, and a few other things. I was not happy. I'm going to be at a car show and someone is going to think I copied them! That is so not cool.

I thought the same thing looking at my hood, people are going to think I copied the idea off an SRT Hellcat...but mine' been around since 2012.
Oh, and just for the record, when I first saw the Hellcat my thought was...oh look they copied Michaels wheels of his 68' Barracuda. True Story.

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 708
I thought the same thing looking at my hood, people are going to think I copied the idea off an SRT Hellcat...but mine' been around since 2012.
Oh, and just for the record, when I first saw the Hellcat my thought was...oh look they copied Michaels wheels of his 68' Barracuda. True Story.

Well, in 2012 I was considering having the body shop take my stock hood, where the '68 'Cuda hood goes up in the middle keep going up the 3+" to clear the air cleaner and make the center look like a AAR type hood, then put deep heat extractors on each side. The idea was to do it all in metal. If the AAR scoop did not clear that is the direction I wanted to go. Extractors would be deep similar to the Mustang hood in this picture, but offset to basically be centered between the AAR scoop and the side: http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1830/paulshood2medium.jpg

Imagine how similar that would look to a Challenger Hellcat hood, then add the wheels... I would have been a bit aggravated to say the least. My concept is a lot more aggressive than the Challenger hood, but similar. I still reserve the right to make that hood, it is still a cool idea.

Weren't you also considering heat extractors?

Weren't you also considering heat extractors?

Yep........9-21-2013 page 110 post 2743......Quote "I wish I could bring the hood home for a couple weeks I would add louvers flanking the scoop.....but I can't so no big deal, I still like it."

Attachments

• M-320-2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 661
I had to Machine the brake pedal that I made a few years ago, since it was 3/4" thick it caused some misalignment with the master Cylinder pushrod and I also added a Rod end for a smooth operation. Not really exciting but it's progress.

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 680
  • 026.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 675
  • 028.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 674
Started shaping and fitting my engine cover...1 hour down and about 40 more to go and some paint then it will start to look like something. At least it clears the hood and Radiator cover for now. I also Tightened up the Dash to console gap and added a couple matching gauges I designed at the Autometer Custom Shop website that match the one's in the Dash, we can't have unmatched gauges, that would look not very thought out and tacky.

Attachments

• DSC00045.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 623
  • DSC00041.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 611
  • DSC00040.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 612
  • DSC00038.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 628
  • DSC00037.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 619
  • DSC00032.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 619
  • DSC00031.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 628
looks extra shiny!!!....you've been buffing haven't you?

Actually, I haven't touched it at all....I just opened the overhead door and let some actual sunlight reflect off it.

where does the air come in your snorkus?

The bottom side is open.

I'm thinking about adding a plexi-glass top to the cover to show off the hardware but I not sold on how it will look with what I have planned for a paint scheme, plus all you'll see is a couple cheap air cleaners inside.

Attachments

• DSC00046.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 613
  • 005.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 605
  • 008.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 594
  • 009.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 596
  • 010.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 603
The tall valve covers go well with that concept.

No longer mere magazine feature material.

Now magazine COVER material.

I like it!

The tall valve covers go well with that concept.

No longer mere magazine feature material.

Now magazine COVER material.

I like it!

The valve covers and engine cover are all part of the overall final vision that so far hasn't had to many changes...once I finally picked a color. Instead of Magazine covers...I'm more driven by wanting to see it rolling across the stage on a Friday night at the Indianapolis Mecum Auction someday.

That hood looks fantastic Ross. Like where your going with the engine cover. Very nice.:coffee2:

The valve covers and engine cover are all part of the overall final vision that so far hasn't had to many changes...once I finally picked a color. Instead of Magazine covers...I'm more driven by wanting to see it rolling across the stage on a Friday night at the Indianapolis Mecum Auction someday.

Yikes!

if you finish it with the vision you started....you can sell it anytime you want...and not at an auction. Almost anytime I make an appearance with my silver Duster, I get asked to sell it.....and it is a dime-a-don compared to yours.

That's a tough room.

Its actually my favorite car event and I go every year unless deployed. Your car has to be
something special to go across the block on Friday or Saturdays...so if your going to have goals might as well aim for the top....of course, we're talking years from now not anytime soon.

Don't Worry..I stay at Holiday Inn express on a monthly basis. seriously though ...I keep getting asked what I'm going to build next.....my answer is Nothing for along time and I'm not planning on selling anytime soon but I'd probably trade for my old 71 Cuda'.

Congradulations on your success in restoring a cool car. My name is AC and my wife's name is Candy. We have your sister car, same color and all but a 1972, 318, small bolt pattern. Please contact me at [email protected] if you are interested in selling any parts off your suspension, rear end, front brake parts, etc. I am having a hard time finding parts in Ohio. Question, what is your bolt pattern on your axles?

Congradulations on your success in restoring a cool car. My name is AC and my wife's name is Candy. We have your sister car, same color and all but a 1972, 318, small bolt pattern. Please contact me at [email protected] if you are interested in selling any parts off your suspension, rear end, front brake parts, etc. I am having a hard time finding parts in Ohio. Question, what is your bolt pattern on your axles?

Sorry AC,
I got rid of all the original Suspension parts a long time ago, but the original bolt pattern was and still is 5 x 4.5".

-
Back