73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Ross,
12 volt DC wiring is very basic. I know every body wants to hide every bit of the wiring system. That's good if its very basic. The minute you leave basic the most important skill is record keeping. In order to keep records EVERYTHING needs to be labeled and a "standard" needs to be established for the system.
SO... choose a connector style you are comfortable with, I happen to like Molex, but there are others that are just as good. My standard is if there is a ground in the connector population of wires it is always at the pointy side of the connector.
Get some clear 3/16" heat shrink and a Brother Ptouch with 1/4" labels and label every wire in and out of he connector. Then put together an excell spread sheet or portion there of for every major connector say 4 pins and up. give every connector a number and record it all.
I cannot tell you how many times those records have saved me and allowed me to find system problems as I went. I am sure they will come in handy yet again.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo568.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 806
  • WP_000298.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 792
Maybe I missed it but what are the radiator hose clamps?

On a side note, I'm sitting here thinking "I wonder how many magazines this car will be featured in....."

Not the most exciting pictures, but it's progress and it shows a few more of the Modifications finally completed. Hagan's Oval fuel door and Flush oval LED marker lights...man these things are bright even in the afternoon .

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 680
  • 1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 682
  • 9.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 677
  • 4.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 685
  • 030.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 696
  • 026.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 695
  • 010.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 690
  • 6.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 686
  • 2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 717
  • 13.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 679
Whoa! Nice job on the lights (and filler door) Ross.

If I didn't know this car and was shown the first picture only, I never would
have guessed that it was a Duster or for that fact even any car built before
the mid-2000's.

Thanks John.........
I considered making it a turn signal and marker light but decided to keep it the way it was intended to be used.

IF someone wanted to tone down the brightness, is it just a matter of shorter strips with less bulbs?

Man, they sure are bright..... might mistake you for a low flying UFO.

IF someone wanted to tone down the brightness, is it just a matter of shorter strips with less bulbs?

Man, they sure are bright..... might mistake you for a low flying UFO.

That's only 12 LEDs per lens, the taillights have 120 per side, they (Hagan's) have a 10 white LED instead of the 12 Amber and Red LED's behind the matching color lens I have, the tail lights are white LED's behind the Red and aren't as bright in comparison considering that there's 10 times the amount. The nice part is I lit all 264 LED's in the rear with a battery tender, I couldn't even get the same battery tender to light 1 standard 1157 bulb during a comparison for brightness test. I'm actually considering LED headlights after seeing the low power required to make them work.

I'm going to have do lots of night cruising so they get noticed.

Again not the most exciting pictures, but I reassembled and installed the side racing mirrors. These started as the Chrome units (last Pic) but that wasn't going to work with the paint scheme so I de-chromed them had them painted. I also installed a pair of mirror supports from Dynamic Renovations during assembly along with new Gaskets from Detroit Muscle Technologies (DMT).

Attachments

• smallMain_1_56.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 627
  • 005.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 663
  • 004.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 625
  • 003.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 653
  • 002.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 661
  • 001.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 669
  • DSC_0066.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 631
Those look great Ross. I still can't get over that paint though. I haven't seen a flaw anywhere. Just Freakin' Awesome.:coffee2:

Those look great Ross. I still can't get over that paint though. I haven't seen a flaw anywhere. Just Freakin' Awesome.:coffee2:

After the painter having the car for a little over 2 years, I was hoping that I would be impressed and it would be worth the wait...he had some really good references as far as his painting skills/quality goes and I must say he lived up to the expectations(Nobody told me it was going to take so long though). It still has to get a final wet sand and buff but I'm happy with it. He's going to come over and help align the panels once I get the front bumper mocked up again before it gets painted.

is the hood fiberglass or steel? reason I ask is cause I am having issues finding billet hood hinges for my 67 dart

It's Fiberglass but has the weight of the factory steel (if not more). I also searched and never found anyone making Billet Aluminum hinges for A body Mopars, of course, why would they...it's such a small market. I made a program on feature Cam but never actually cut a set out on the CNC machine yet.....If I was building the car over I would go a different route and totally eliminate those ugly factory hinges all together.

It's Fiberglass but has the weight of the factory steel (if not more). I also searched and never found anyone making Billet Aluminum hinges for A body Mopars, of course, why would they...it's such a small market. I made a program on feature Cam but never actually cut a set out on the CNC machine yet.....If I was building the car over I would go a different route and totally eliminate those ugly factory hinges all together.

paint looks really good..... Love the mirrors!

paint looks really good..... Love the mirrors!

Thanks Mark....I'm happy with the paint, cant wait to roll it back outside in the Sun to look at the neighbors house in the reflection again.

Question: Do you still have the Trunk you offered up to me a year or so ago ?....I've got a really unique spoiler design I saw on a car from SEMA that I really want to design and incorporate onto another trunk lid. I'm don't want to scrap mine or hold up the build (It's going slow enough) but maybe next winter I can work on it after the car has hit the street and getting closer to being done.

-
Back