73 dart radio help

-

Futzy1

Reaction score
I'm looking for a radio for my 73 dart 4 door. I like the retrosound units, but they don't have one specifically for my model year, however there is an option to provide them with measurements. Unfortunately for me the previous owner swapped out the original, so I have nothing to measure. anyone out there with a 73 dart and a couple minutes of time on their hands willing to break out their ruler??? The form says they take measurements to the 32nd, and I attached their diagram.

Thanks again for all the help

dash_diagram_large.jpg

I don't have the dimensions, but another idea for you. I'm sure someone has one of these radios lying around. Try putting a want ad up for one , then send it to sm electrotech and have them rebuild/update it. They did a killer job on my 69 thumb wheel radio.

Just made one of these for another member. It will allow you to play your factory radio through it and also allows you to play your phone through it via Bluetooth.

Oops, Sorry I should have seen that he didn't have the original radio. If he could find a basic AM radio then he would be in business. The good thing about these is that if you don't want to run your factory radio to it you could actually just mount it under the package tray, run a switched wire to power it and then run two short wires to the speakers. It probably would only take you an hour. I was charging $150.00. Not looking to make a killing. on these. If anyone is interested PM me.

I have a 73 AM radio laying here but... measuring that radio wont define the 2 window dash opening. The measurements you/your vendor require will come from the 73 uncut dash bezel. That part I don't have.

-
Back