73 dart sport project

-
Back on it again. Rounded up all my parts around the house and on way to get my short block to drop it off to be built :blob:More pics after I get block :happy1:

Attachments

• IMG_0720.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 565
If its not one thing its another. I swear every used thing I buy is junk... First everything but the backing plates for my rearend and now everything but the crank, connecting rods and carb is junk on this "race engine" i got off craigslist... block had bad casting, smallest cam made, cranked heads cheap pistons and now warped intake.... even bought heads off member here that where junk and was told thats what I get for buying used heads....Rearend was a c-body from junk yard and was a open setup. Bought a sure grip, axles cant be shortened, shop that narrowed housing warped it and replaced all brakes for good measure..:banghead::banghead:

I know you don,t want to hear this,but some things are better to buy new in the long run.If your gonna race,I would get axels from Dr.Diff.Building a car for racing gets expensive and you can still break new parts,its part of the learning process.Sorry to hear of your problems.

It's not really for race and it wasn't like a super fast car. It was only a 12's car and I wanted a motor I could tear apart freshing up and go instead I replaced pretty much everything :sad1:

Did little work on the car. Sanded all the bumper brackets, hit them with the gloss black. Installed the rechromed bumper and new tail light rings. :cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_0788[1].jpg
    72 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_0789[1].jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 518
Looks great. Man I sure love that color. It has an awesome glow to it. Can't wait to see this all finished up and out on a sunny day. Sorry to hear about the run of bad luck on parts.

Motor guy says its all done. To bad I wont be able to put it in for a few weeks. Its finals time. But I am getting there one small step at a time :blob:

Attachments

• IMG_0805.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 441
Great progress you've made there. That motor is looking good. It's going to look good with that car wrapped around it.:coffee2:

Car meet motor, motor meet car. I figure I would let them talk it out a day before I force a marriage on them. You can see why I need a garage to I leave for three weeks and everything is around my car. Make me nervous. Hopefully motor goes in tomorrow and I am in the home stretch. :coffee2:

Attachments

• IMG_0815.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_0812.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 428
Well today is the day after tomorrow. Did everything go together or not?:coffee2:

Not much to report. Been crazy busy with work and wrapping up class. Slept into and sat around for my garage builder to show up so Didn't get much done. Finished putting master cylinder in and hook up the rest of the brakes. I also put into my new steering box so the engine bay is already for the motor drop in tomorrow :happy1: Don't mind all the dust ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0841.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 380
I hate it when I can't find something that I put right where I wouldn't forget where I put it.I'd help ya out if I could. Looking forward to progress.:coffee2:

big fail again. I pulled a I am man hear me roar and said I am man I dont need directions. Got motor all the way in with lots of problems on the way and noticed the motor is crooked. I went to pull motor back out and my leveler broke luckily I got motor sitting on mounts safely. Take a relax day off and will go pull motor out tomorrow and figure out how I am going to do the mods to the drivers k-frame that's required.

big fail again. I pulled a I am man hear me roar and said I am man I dont need directions. Got motor all the way in with lots of problems on the way and noticed the motor is crooked. I went to pull motor back out and my leveler broke luckily I got motor sitting on mounts safely. Take a relax day off and will go pull motor out tomorrow and figure out how I am going to do the mods to the drivers k-frame that's required.

are you using the shumocker(spelling) conversion motor mounts? if so it is a easy mod. you just have to re drill the drivers side hole and cut the top part of the mount off. now that was if you have a v-8 k-frame. if you don't have the instructions i can post them on here for you. best of luck and you have a very nice looking car. Mopar65

are you using the shumocker(spelling) conversion motor mounts? if so it is a easy mod. you just have to re drill the drivers side hole and cut the top part of the mount off. now that was if you have a v-8 k-frame. if you don't have the instructions i can post them on here for you. best of luck and you have a very nice looking car. Mopar65

P.S> you can do the k-frame mods with it still mounted in the car. that is if that's what you was talking about doing.

Sorry to hear that.Hope you didn't do any damage. You'll get it, we got faith in ya.:coffee2:

Ya I went to get a new leveler and wasnt feeling good so I took the day off. I will head over tomorrow to get motor out and try to get the mods done.

Well shes finally in! :cheers: All nice and level, Trans mounts all in, headers, torque strap. Picked up my radiator that I had flanges welded on so I can mount in the factory location. Also they made me a del plate for where radio and heater controls use to be. Things are looking up maybe I can drive it this summer :happy1:

Attachments

• IMG_0851[1].jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0852[1].jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 354
I knew that would look good together. Nice and clean. great work there. Wish my car was even half that close. Looks like you'll be driving her soon.:coffee2:

problem after problem after problem. Fan set up wont work its to wide, cant seem to find a spark plug to fit my heads (tried two), cant bleed brake because someone rammed a bleeder screw in caliper and busted it off. Had radiator tabs welded on twice because welder doesnt under stand I need a full piece welded between the blue tape and not inch above it. Maybe I will drive it this year. Looks like another weekend off since I wont have parts.:banghead::-({|=

Got the new calipers on and blead all the new brakes lines. Few leaks had to retape a couple connects but over all went fair. Got rest of pulleys on and alternator set up, down fall is 440 source doesn't say that there belt only works when you use their pulleys and alternator bracket so thats short. Got some new rear shoes for the car and new lug nuts. Worse cheapest lug nuts I have ever seen. DO NOT BUY centerline lug nuts. Trash. Oh well the struggle goes on but moving forward. :cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_0902[1].jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 287
-
Back