73 Duster 408 project

-

dusterforever

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my 73 duster 408 Hope to be running soon.

408eddy60779.JPG

73dusterfrontwheel.JPG

73dusterrearside.JPG

73dusterenginecomp.JPG

Thats one sharp ride you have there! It's Tan, and it still looks great!
Keep up the good work!
alan627b

That is awesome! I hope my Duster looks like that one day.. Mine is currently a 318 / 727 but hopefully will be a big block in the not too distant future.

My Yellow Blaze '76 is going into the panel shop this week to be straightened up and new coat of paint to be applied. Im going to put the white 3/4 vinyl roof back on and the stripes. Looking at your machine it looks awesome with the roof and stripes...

Keep us updated on the car...

I appreciate it...will keep you posted on progress...I have the 904 and wish I had the stronger 727 tranny. I have a 8 3/4 posi with 3.23 and plan to go to 3.55 when I can.

One of the nicer looking cars in that color I've seen.

Lots of mopar colors are a love hate thing. Some people like green, others hate it.

Keep the pics coming and good luck with the swap. Hope it runs as good as it looks!

Nice lookin car!!It,s good to see change once in a while.It,s a clean lookin car,tell us a little more about it.What are your plans once you get that motor into it??

Mainly just a street machine...plan to drive to to cruises etc. it already has power steering and will prob put air on it. Hopefully will run low thirteens or better when I am finished. Had a 68 camaro with a 406 with 3.70 gear and a 272 crane cam that ran low twelves shifting at 5500 rpm. This is my first mopar...not sure what to expect of engine.

I used the kit on ebay called gofaststuff. Frank had the parts to me in about a week. Waited on two other places that never sent anything. I am running the eagle cast crank and I beam rods with ross forged pistons. I chose a 272 crane cam because I wanted a good idle and mainly torque for my carand 5500 rpm shifts. I know a bigger cam makes more power but I don't want to put up with the idle. 60779 eddy heads with the airgap intake and 750 holley carb.

Not to worry, Duster4ever, I think they made more 73-76 Dusters that color than anything else, the 72 I once had was the slightly paler tan that most Gold Dusters seemed to be. My brother had a 73 the same shade....you are not alone....If I had one that color, I'd have to have another set of "sleeper rims" for it.. saw one exhaust pipe off short to give it that "single exhaust, sisters car" look! He he he!
Now, if you could just make yourself paint those heads blue too....tell everybody it's just a hopped up 318....
alan627b

Hmm....sounds like a pretty good idea....the blue heads...haha! I do have the stock hubcaps and tires and wheels but are the small bolt pattern...:)

I wonder if they could be powder coated or anodized that color? They are aluminum, after all....hmmmm.

Alan, YES, they can be powder coated. A much easier (and more affordable) proposition if they're bare but it can be done.

-
Back