73 duster 727 trans cooler

-

beebeeri000

Rest-O-Moder
Reaction score
hi i have a 73 duster that im putting a stroked 360 and a 727 into it and i was looking at the trans coolers. what size trans cooler would work for a 727? i was looking at summitracing ones because i dont want to buy a expensive one when i dont need it.

hi i have a 73 duster that im putting a stroked 360 and a 727 into it and i was looking at the trans coolers. what size trans cooler would work for a 727? i was looking at summitracing ones because i dont want to buy a expensive one when i dont need it.

A 12x8 inch cooler is what I use..no issues.I also use stainless flex hoses for my lines.:D

while you are in there here is a PN for an EXTERNAL, filter
the old auto zone 2210 magenfine filter is no longer available at auto zone. BUT i did find the same thing as JX-160 brand-- ATP. at a real parts house uses 3/8" tube. ONLY use high pressure hose. SAE J1019 217 psi working. NOT fuel hose for a carb engine.

One of the moderately sized ones will work just fine. I think mine is the same size a Scotts above. 12 X 8 I think.

Out of the transmission into the radiator out of the radiator into the external cooler back to the transmision is how I did mine.

While your at it you might consider installing a trans temp gauge too.

-
Back