73 Duster build named Fred

-
A buddy and I used to go to Bremerton for a Mopar race and a Mopar show/swap the following day. Could have sworn Bremerton was a 1/4 mile back then, but it has been years. Good memories.

A buddy and I used to go to Bremerton for a Mopar race and a Mopar show/swap the following day. Could have sworn Bremerton was a 1/4 mile back then, but it has been years. Good memories.
It was originally a 1/4 track. Think it went to 1/8 about 8-10 years ago

Different day, different conditions. I don't put too much weight into the numbers.... especially 20 rpm. lol

Most of the pulls after the head work yielded higher rpm for the peak torque than before but not much higher. What I posted above was just where the highest numbers peaked.
Do you have more meat passed your peak torque than you did before?

I’m getting a loaner 5600 stall converter to try this weekend. I’ll move the camera to get better info on what everything is doing. We will see if my theory is correct. If it is, then I will know what to restall my converter to and I can confidentially start playing with everything else including degreeing the cam 2 deg more advanced and tweaking the Caltracs.
Who not change the cam if you’re going to be in that far anyway? Too many variables, no desire, or..?

Who not change the cam if you’re going to be in that far anyway? Too many variables, no desire, or..?
I am not going to decide on a cam change until it's time. Right now, I need to get the car to leave harder. Once I accomplish that (which I believe I will with the converter swap), then I can start working on getting more power out of the combo. I don't race heads up and not trying to squeeze every little bit out of the car but it should do what it should do.... like leave harder than it does. Once I am done "fine tuning" the car, I may decide I want more or I may not. Hell, I might not even advance the cam anymore if the car does what I want it to do. We will see when I get to that point. If I decide I want more, then I may consider going with a bigger cam since that is the obvious next step. Quite honestly, I don't think I will go that far with this engine. If I can get it to leave harder, it might end up performing exactly how I had hoped and expected.

Different day, different conditions. I don't put too much weight into the numbers.... especially 20 rpm. lol

Most of the pulls after the head work yielded higher rpm for the peak torque than before but not much higher. What I posted above was just where the highest numbers peaked.
Thanks Bill, do you even care bro??? Lol
No need to answer that

Thanks Bill, do you even care bro??? Lol
No need to answer that
For those that do…. lol

As you can see, on the dyno the converter is flashing at about 5750, unlike what it does in the track. My guess is more load on the dyno versus real world. Kinda like running the converter in a heavier car.

Before
IMG_1921.jpeg

After
IMG_2757.jpeg

very interesting, pretty much in line with the track comparison.
Yup, and that’s all I use a dyno for. Gives you a baseline that you can use to compare and calculate gains. More importantly to validate you are going in the right direction.

Here’s what my real car made on the same dyno…. lol

Factory rated 807 at the crank, we got 803 to the tire with nothing more than a tune.

IMG_1948.jpeg

Yup, and that’s all I use a dyno for. Gives you a baseline that you can use to compare and calculate gains. More importantly to validate you are going in the right direction.
Also, to record it and put in YouTube and fabo

Well I guess you don't need to add the 200'#s lol

Does SAE 5% make sense? I’m not sure but I remember seeing that somewhere

It only does if it’s 5% of the weather conditions. I just don’t remember seeing the CF that way. And I was at the shop this morning and forgot to ask about that.

If that’s the case the software is adding 5% more power to get you STP numbers.

That would make sense.

I don’t have the energy to do that. You’re welcome to come over and have at it though…. lol
I'd just throw 200 in the trunk so when you get the hit figured out, be looking like PBR leaving the tree.

Will be curious to see how the borrowed converter does. Are the combos close enough that you’d expect the 5600-ish stall in your car as well?
I’m told less motor and stalled 5000ish. In a different car with a solid 360 on alcohol, 5600. According to turbo action, it should stall 5400 in a 2600-3200 lb car with a 360. We are hoping for 5600 in mine. Not the end goal for my car but will be a good test to see if my theory is correct. Then I can take an educated guess on what to restall my converter to. As of right now, we are thinking around 6000.

It only does if it’s 5% of the weather conditions. I just don’t remember seeing the CF that way. And I was at the shop this morning and forgot to ask about that.

If that’s the case the software is adding 5% more power to get you STP numbers.

That would make sense.
The day he had it dyno'd was probably a very low correction factor.. it was a pretty nice day to Dyno.
Here's a stupid question but maybe not because I think I just answered it in my head but Dyno correction factor which are usually a set bp, temp, sea level and a few other things.
Example my engine observed HP on one run was low 620s and like a 11% correction factor ran the numbers to 685 on that run.
How many correction factors are there dude ?
I think atleast 3 based on weather and altitude

-
Back