73 Duster build named Fred

-
I’m told less motor and stalled 5000ish. In a different car with a solid 360 on alcohol, 5600. According to turbo action, it should stall 5400 in a 2600-3200 lb car with a 360. We are hoping for 5600 in mine. Not the end goal for my car but will be a good test to see if my theory is correct. Then I can take an educated guess on what to restall my converter to. As of right now, we are thinking around 6000.
6200 lol

The day he had it dyno'd was probably a very low correction factor.. it was a pretty nice day to Dyno.
Here's a stupid question but maybe not because I think I just answered it in my head but Dyno correction factor which are usually a set bp, temp, sea level and a few other things.
Example my engine observed HP on one run was low 620s and like a 11% correction factor ran the numbers to 685 on that run.
How many correction factors are there dude ?
I think atleast 3 based on weather and altitude

There are several but no one I now uses any thing other that Standard Temperature and Pressure.

That’s 60 degrees, a 29.92 baro and dry air. That’s THE correction factor unless you care about other stuff. I’m sure some of its emissions related and such.

I know one of the other SAE correction factors is something like 72 degrees, less barometer and some humidity.

I use the STP correction.

There are several but no one I now uses any thing other that Standard Temperature and Pressure.

That’s 60 degrees, a 29.92 baro and dry air. That’s THE correction factor unless you care about other stuff. I’m sure some of its emissions related and such.

I know one of the other SAE correction factors is something like 72 degrees, less barometer and some humidity.

I use the STP correction.
Thanks for NOT telling me it was or wasn't a dumb question lol.
Stp make most sense but also seeing observed

When is the expected delivery of the converter
IMG_2759.jpeg

Converter shows up Friday.... I'll install on Saturday and test drive on Sunday. If all goes well, I will make it to my next race which is at Renegade Raceway for their Summit Racing Points Series Season Opener, race 1 and 2 on April 27 and 28. All you Yakima boys better come hang out with me!

Oh, I am changing fuel as well. Going from Renegade 112+ to VP C10. 112+ is too much octane for my measly 12.25:1 compression ratio.... lol

Converter shows up Friday.... I'll install on Saturday and test drive on Sunday. If all goes well, I will make it to my next race which is at Renegade Raceway for their Summit Racing Points Series Season Opener, race 1 and 2 on April 27 and 28. All you Yakima boys better come hang out with me!
I'll be there, wearing my MOPARMAGA t shirt.
Not in my car unfortunately

lol, in that particular video, I was late on the shifts and did bounce off the limiter. The point I was trying to make with the video was the launch rpm. :p
Havent watched the vid but it might show 'fall-back' rpm? Yes I'd be curious to run the numbers thru something like Wallace to see where you're at. Weight on the line and MPH are a good start. Based on the little I know, I'd expect the engine parts would make less than 600HP.

Havent watched the vid but it might show 'fall-back' rpm? Yes I'd be curious to run the numbers thru something like Wallace to see where you're at. Weight on the line and MPH are a good start. Based on the little I know, I'd expect the engine parts would make less than 600HP.
Funny but this post never got set yesterday. When I logged-in it was still in the que so, I hit enter...looks like a few have mentioned the same points about video on the tach 'hillbilly data acq". But still I'd be interested to know the weight and MPH in consideration of the weather. I'd also like to hear what some feel the expected power to be.

He has flow sheets, two dyno test, two track tests, ET, mph, 60 foot, etc. so you would think those guys that play with those apps may see something

He has flow sheets, two dyno test, two track tests, ET, mph, 60 foot, etc. so you would think those guys that play with those apps may see something
Engine dyno or chassis? I use Wallace a bunch and think it's a reasonable predictor. Instead of sifting thru the older posts I was hoping he/someone could summarize the info. The best I saw was 104 in 660ft so, knowing he probably hasn't eeked all available MPH from it, that's promising depending on the weight.

Engine dyno or chassis? I use Wallace a bunch and think it's a reasonable predictor. Instead of sifting thru the older posts I was hoping he/someone could summarize the info. The best I saw was 104 in 660ft so, knowing he probably hasn't eeked all available MPH from it, that's promising depending on the weight.
I’ll put a post together with all of the pertinent info for someone to play with later today.

As for rpm fall back, I’ve mentioned it a few times, I am dropping 1000-1200 rpm’s on the 1-2 shift.

Just for reference, my Ruster weighed 2830 on the line, 60’ was usually 1.57-1.60, and 1/4 was usually 11.6’s. The Wallace calculators line up pretty close, albeit my car launched a little harder and was softer on the big end (cast iron J’s vs Bill’s much better top end). Never dyno’d it, so don’t know if the stall was optimized. Also, our CF was usually 1.28-1.32

Here’s a screen shot of a data log from the sniper system. I launched off idle to eliminate the variable since my street classes didn’t allow two step or trans brakes (8” converter from Dynamic):
1713384257944.jpeg

Included to show similar launch and fall back on shifts. I liked the consistency of my setup, and am hopeful you’re able to get yours where you want with the new converter!!!

Bill here is a download of a 6.03@113mph pass in my car.

This II’s on the two step after i release the transbrake and floor it. 4527rpm

IMG_2536.jpeg

-
Back