73 Duster build named Fred

-
Yeah, they don't mess around with chit like that. I made the same mistake on a Jeep I built to race off road. Wanted to have it registered to drive on the street and by the time I was finished, they wouldn't let me. lol
Crap.

I couldn't get them to pass this for street use.

Bought it with a salvaged title, went to register and was told it had to go to WSP for inspection. I was already cutting it up at that point so I waited until it was finished and they told me no. lol

1EB084F1-216B-4464-8D56-E89447F69728.jpeg

833F9B1C-34B3-4667-9A07-B532ACBB64BF.jpeg

4ADEC7DB-4712-45E0-9792-83B4E1FC19F3.jpeg

C83F789E-B46C-46E6-ADDE-947CCD875164.jpeg

99F052DA-A5BD-4975-A13F-3B72044E6EBA.jpeg

ADA38739-AB28-4E40-B8AB-1B9BC4541C34.jpeg

Some of us don't have titles
Yeah thank uncle Tony the dipshit for going public with the Vermont tile thing and making it go viral. Sad to say but once the masses know about something good they seem to exploit and ruin it every time. If the wsp give you a hard time have a buddy from another state register it and "sell" it to you, oops did I just say that on a public forum lol.

I can think of something better than my street legal race car.... A fast street legal race car.... lol
I get that, I know my car won't be running to it's full potential for a while. I will be happy just to run it this year without all the extra bs of going 9s yet, shoot I already have to replace my dam belts and never got a pass out them lol. My car is 3350 race weight and the engine should make 700hp n/a at the crank, I really need more gear and my fiberglass bumpers put on but I am going to run it as is.

I get that, I know my car won't be running to it's full potential for a while. I will be happy just to run it this year without all the extra bs of going 9s yet, shoot I already have to replace my dam belts and never got a pass out them lol. My car is 3350 race weight and the engine should make 700hp n/a at the crank, I really need more gear and my fiberglass bumpers put on but I am going to run it as is.

Well the dress would be lighter than a fire suit if you can get past the tech guy. I suggest try winking at him.

How close are you?
I think I'll be checking out the races in the stands again at the Mopar show that is the 8th next month.

Ugh…. What happens when you build a race car and buy a motor h. I made the mistake of moving all of these boxes from the shop to the garage instead of breaking them down and talking to the dump. Now I gotta break them down and take to the dump because my wife told me I better get it cleaned up today. lol

IMG_2876.jpeg

Don’t you guys burn boxes out there. Between boxes and sticks from these storms I had one heck of a fire this week.
I'm always burning debris and a couple cardboard boxes here and there. I mostly use cardboard to lay on until it is trash can approved.

How close are you?
I think I'll be checking out the races in the stands again at the Mopar show that is the 8th next month.
I will be joining you there since my engine won't be out of the machine shop for another month and the engine that was in the car is now in a buddy's race car. My goal is woodburn in August, it might even be my first outing with the car but there are three days of racing starting Friday afternoon so I should have a few passes before Sunday. I told my buddy's I may be a sandbagging fool shifting like a grandma but I want to be there.

Took a break from breaking down boxes and started digging through some of the storage bins we have with old stuff in the garage. Found this gem in one of them. My grandma made it for my dad when he was a baby. Not sure exactly what year it was made but it has to be at least a 100 years old. This is why I named my duster Fred and now my dad will be riding along with me on every pass.

IMG_2878.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back