73 Duster build named Fred

-
Took a break from breaking down boxes and started digging through some of the storage bins we have with old stuff in the garage. Found this gem in one of them. My grandma made it for my dad when he was a baby. Not sure exactly what year it was made but it has to be at least a 100 years old. This is why I named my duster Fred and now my dad will be riding along with me on every pass.

View attachment 1716245895
What is going to be real cool is that flying up and staying on the back window from all the g force.
Do you even accelerate bro ??? Lol

I love my job…. :thumbsup:

1715268443501.jpeg

Last edited:
A guy I know who I built a gear vendor 727 for bought that car a few weeks ago. It’s one nice piece.

He sold the car??? Hope things didn't a take a bad turn for him or something. We didn't see eye to eye on some things, but I don't hold any ill will towards him.

He sold the car??? Hope things didn't a take a bad turn for him or something. We didn't see eye to eye on some things, but I don't hold any ill will towards him.

I know nothing about him, but don’t think anything was wrong, sounded like he wanted to put efforts into a different car is all.

At Bremerton Raceway for TnT tonight and race 3 of the season points series tomorrow.

It’s hot as hell right now with 2600+ DA.

1st pass off the trailer, 3800 2-step launch, spun hard off the line and so I cruised it.

2nd pass, left at 2400 and it went wheels up 8-10” and ran a decent number.

IMG_2890.jpeg
IMG_2891.jpeg

Last edited:
When I remember to turn on the GoPro….

I only got one of 3 passes last night. lol

I stick what I call my idiot rag on my steering wheel that after I’m
Belted in I hold. I throw it on the floor as I head to the burn out box and push my RacePak button to record my pass.

In your spare time next week Bill you should update this posts as it’s gone on so many pages.
Pictures of car as it sits now
Weight
Ported heads and intake
Carburetor size
Gear ratio
Converter stall
Best 1/8 mile time and mph
Best quarter mile and mph
Best 60 foot time
Etc

In your spare time next week Bill you should update this posts as it’s gone on so many pages.
Pictures of car as it sits now
Weight
Ported heads and intake
Carburetor size
Gear ratio
Converter stall
Best 1/8 mile time and mph
Best quarter mile and mph
Best 60 foot time
Etc
Ok, will do.

Sorry @33IMP , you gotta wait for that updated post. lol

3146 with me in it

Round 1 of qualifying. I’m fighting a fuel pressure issue that we thought got fixed at renegade. Can’t figure it out so I cranked it up and I’m going to send it.

IMG_2896.png
IMG_2897.png

-
Back