73 Duster build named Fred

-
I really don't want to sell Fred but for the right amount of money, I suppose everything is for sale.... lol

I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t want to sell Fred either. As fun as the Daytona would be, if you had to cut Fred loose to get the Daytona, you’ll surely be missing driving Fred on the street. But you’ll also have fun as hell going fast.

What’s the details on the Daytona?

I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t want to sell Fred either. As fun as the Daytona would be, if you had to cut Fred loose to get the Daytona, you’ll surely be missing driving Fred on the street. But you’ll also have fun as hell going fast.

What’s the details on the Daytona?
It's an old Super Comp car. 440 based stroker with light weight crank, aluminum rods, B1 heads with Jesel shaft rockers blah blah blah. The car is apart, engine refreshed but needs to be assembled, comes with a pair of PG's and 3 converters. Honestly sounds like way too much work to me. Heading down (3hr drive) this weekend to look at it. If I buy it, I'll stuff it in the corner of the shop for later.

I am having too much fun with Fred right now. I have a new goal to reach before the season is up and that is to click off a 9.999 through the mufflers. I got a new cam coming with a ton of duration and the new converter is supposed to flash 6000-6200. That with the Shark tooth grille should get me to my goal.... lol

It's an old Super Comp car. 440 based stroker with light weight crank, aluminum rods, B1 heads with Jesel shaft rockers blah blah blah. The car is apart, engine refreshed but needs to be assembled, comes with a pair of PG's and 3 converters. Honestly sounds like way too much work to me. Heading down (3hr drive) this weekend to look at it. If I buy it, I'll stuff it in the corner of the shop for later.

I am having too much fun with Fred right now. I have a new goal to reach before the season is up and that is to click off a 9.999 through the mufflers. I got a new cam coming with a ton of duration and the new converter is supposed to flash 6000-6200. That with the Shark tooth grille should get me to my goal.... lol

Good stuff!

Nice looking Daytona. For me I'd love to have the Daytona or a fast chassis car in general, but sometimes less is more. I like low maintenance stuff and being Fred is street able you don't have to wait for the weekend or tow to the track to enjoy.

The shark tooth grille will seal the deal. 9.999 here you come!!!

Any history on the Daytona? There is a guy local to me that used to campaign a Daytona with Direction Connection colors.

Some good news. My fuel pressure issue was a non-issue. Turns out the gauge was bad. I added a 2nd gauge on the log and sure enough. It holds solid 5.5psi and the old gauge fluctuates from 3-10. Going to replace it with another new gauge and run 2 just to be sure.... lol

Some good news. My fuel pressure issue was a non-issue. Turns out the gauge was bad. I added a 2nd gauge on the log and sure enough. It holds solid 5.5psi and the old gauge fluctuates from 3-10. Going to replace it with another new gauge and run 2 just to be sure.... lol

Invest in a data recorder. It’s probably saved me an engine or two seeing what is going on during a pass.

But you did have a pressure drop when you were at renegade and it was running as such

I Think he raised his float level
No, we just raised the pressure on the regulator.
It was at 3 and went up to 5.5
I say we, he did but I mentioned checking fuel pressure.
Float level was great, just not filling fast enough down the track

Any history on the Daytona? There is a guy local to me that used to campaign a Daytona with Direction Connection colors.
I think I seen him out at renegade back in 2021
Awesome car.

No, we just raised the pressure on the regulator.
It was at 3 and went up to 5.5
I say we, he did but I mentioned checking fuel pressure.
Yeah, but we were getting a false reading. That was the first time I ever touched the regulator since first fire up. When I turned it up, fuel pressure was higher than we thought. Been chasing it ever since. That one pass when it stumbled on the big end, we thought it might have leaned out but apparently it didn’t and was a fluke. Thankfully with the fuel pressure jacked up to high, it didn’t blow through the needle and seats.

Yeah, but we were getting a false reading. That was the first time I ever touched the regulator since first fire up. When I turned it up, fuel pressure was higher than we thought. Been chasing it ever since. That one pass when it stumbled on the big end, we thought it might have leaned out but apparently it didn’t and was a fluke. Thankfully with the fuel pressure jacked up to high, it didn’t blow through the needle and seats.
Oh lol, so it was running around 8-9

No doubt from me you'll get there!

-
Back