'73 Duster door to a '73 Scamp?

-

'Cause

need lots of parts
Reaction score
OK, I admit it, I'm new to this "a-Body" world !!!

I will have other questions along the way that will probably irritate some here but how else would I get the answers to what I'm not sure of and thought this woud be the reason for this forum; to help those with 'questions' that may be basic to some of the more knowlegable from those that are just getting into these great little cars.

My question is a fairly simple striaght forward one this time; Will a door (specifically Passenger side) from a '73 Plymouth Duster fit on a '73 Scamp? Are the doors the same?

Just need a little info from time to time bringing a nice 2-door Scamp back to life.

Ken

I'm wanting to say that just the glass is different. In the older years pre 72 the scamps and swingers had vent windows and the duster did not but vent windows went away in the mid 70s. I actually happen to have a 75 Scamp and a 75 Dart sport (Duster style) so if it wasn't 100 degrees outside I could get off my butt & go measure :)

'Cause,

The doors will fit, but the windows are different. I assume the glass mechanisms inside the doors will swap as well.

Thanks all, so far!

I'll explain. --or try to--
I have a '71 Scamp and a '73 Scamp... basically body shells. ALL of the panels, inclusive of doors and glass are near perfect in both cars. The '73 was stripped out for drag raceing and all the body is as clean, straight and rust free as any car I have ever seen (w/exception of a minor dent on the pass door), BUT, the entire interior of the doors were cut out along with most everything else for weight reduction. It was running and completetly set up for a Big Block and everything is there for that. The '73 doors have the 'wingless' glass mounted in the doors with just some tacked in strips to hold the glass up. The doors and glass of the '71 are perfect and will fit the '73 just fine, but... they have the wing windows. My goal was to make the '73 streetable again but a fairly stripped down car with the 440+ and a 727... a street monster if you will. (The '73 already has a Ford 9" in it, along with the mounts and everything for the BB) ...but would really like to have the wingless door glass... so an opportunity has came up to grab a couple doors from a '73 Duster locally. There is my dilemma.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Last edited:
Thanks all, so far!

I'll explain. --or try to--
I have a '71 Scamp and a '73 Scamp... basically body shells. ALL of the panels, inclusive of doors and glass are near perfect in both cars. The '73 was stripped out for drag raceing and all the body is as clean, straight and rust free as any car I have ever seen (w/exception of a minor dent on the pass door), BUT, the entire interior of the doors were cut out along with most everything else for weight reduction. It was running and completetly set up for a Big Block and everything is there for that. The '73 doors have the 'wingless' glass mounted in the doors with just some tacked in strips to hold the glass up. The doors and glass of the '71 are perfect and will fit the '73 just fine, but... they have the wing windows. My goal was to make the '73 streetable again but a fairly stripped down car with the 440+ and a 727... a street monster if you will. (The '73 already has a Ford 9" in it, along with the mounts and everything for the BB) ...but would really like to have the wingless door glass... so an opportunity has came up to grab a couple doors from a '73 Duster. There is my dilemma.

Any suggestions would be welcome!
AMD does not offer any door skins for the 73 Scamp but they do for the 73 Duster. Therefore, I would say they are not interchangeable.

Thanks, I was afraid of that, I suppose I could live with the '71 wing-window doors on the '73.
Probably the easiest way to go for now.

again, thanks all

Ken

-
Back