73 duster front end popping when turning left or right.

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
I have checked the front end parts Ball joints Tierod ends ect..nothing seems bad, only thing I found was the lower shock mounting rubber is bad...going to replace them and see what happens

Not much to go on there. Does it only do it when turning? Or with suspension travel too? Does it do it sitting in your driveway turning the wheels, or only when you're driving and turning left and right also has a body roll component? Are there any other symptoms, like extra play in the steering, or just the noise?

If it only does it when turning, I really doubt the shock mount bushings are the issue. They'd be making noise every time the suspension moved up and down too.

What did you do to check the tie rod ends and ball joints?

Could be a lot of things, everything from a loose joint all the way up to cracked welds on the steering box mount.

Not much to go on there. Does it only do it when turning? Or with suspension travel too? Does it do it sitting in your driveway turning the wheels, or only when you're driving and turning left and right also has a body roll component? Are there any other symptoms, like extra play in the steering, or just the noise?

If it only does it when turning, I really doubt the shock mount bushings are the issue. They'd be making noise every time the suspension moved up and down too.

What did you do to check the tie rod ends and ball joints?

Could be a lot of things, everything from a loose joint all the way up to cracked welds on the steering box mount.
Sry for the lack of info..when I pull in or out of a parking space, and turning a corner. Seems ok while driving and changing lanes

Sry for the lack of info..when I pull in or out of a parking space, and turning a corner. Seems ok while driving and changing lanes

So mostly low speed turning then it sounds like. That's when you'd have the most force on the steering components, so that's where I would start.

Will it do it with the car parked and just turning the wheel? Because if it will then you just need someone to turn the wheel while you try and find the noise

Broken tube weld in the K-frame where the lower control arm rod goes through? Have to loosen the rod and visually inspect.

-
Back