74 383 duster

-

sublime green

Reaction score
Heres our 74 duster with a 383 out of a 69 charger, we have had it for a year now, since we bought it we put on cragers, new front end(it was like an upside down V), i detailed the motor last year when i was 13 and just put in a new trans and torque converter. Enjoy.
101_0232.jpg

101_0234.jpg

101_0330.jpg

Ill post more later.

Very nice :). One thing I like most is the fact that it doesn't have fender well headers! But beautiful car overall, nice black paint.

Thanks everyone, well probably repaint it in a few years, after we get our other one painted and were thinking of either red or silver 340 stripes that say 383, the black may look very nice but to tell you the truth, its a 6 out of 10 paint job, we bought the car like that though, it was most likely a base clear paint job, it was originally white with blue interior and you can still see some of the white under a couple light spots in the black but its pretty nice, thanks again.

Sweet set up and what exhaust manifolds are you using also? They appear to fit nicely tucked inside the engine bay there.

Mark

Great car, & a big-block at that! I agree with your choice of wheels as well. Cragars would make a 4door geo metro look good!!

P.S. Welcome to the site if I didnt already tell you.

Thanks guys, its just a stock 383 with a rear end set up for a slant 6 which it originally came with but we have a limited slip and ill have to take a pic to show you guys how they put it in there.

Hey Welcome to the site fellow Big Block Black A Body owner (try saying that fast) lots of info here and good people to boot. Have fun and oh yea isn't black an SOB to keep clean.

Terry

109.JPG

6 (Small).JPG

sublime green, what size wheels/tires are you running? Front & rear??

Looks very clean!

Thanks guys, its just a stock 383 with a rear end set up for a slant 6 which it originally came with but we have a limited slip and ill have to take a pic to show you guys how they put it in there.

I am looking forward to seeing the rear end,:cheers:
Welcome! and that is a very fine looking 74 ! 383 :cheers: That has to be a great
ride, What rear end do you have in there. 7 1/4, 8 1/4, 8 3/4,.
Glad to have you with us.

Demon, your lucky to have a demon, my dream car, the wheels, ill have to get back with you on, and the rear end ill have to get back with you on, well most likely take the rear out this winter and put in the limited slip but ill have to get back with you guys on that, i detailed the motor about a year ago when i was 13, were going to get some vinyl seat covers this winter to redo the crap we have in it now.

14 6 cragers up front, 14 7 on back and demon, you got my dads tung all twisted up from him trying to say big block black a body owner LOL.

its got a 323 in it,4 the guy who wanted to know and were putting in a limited slip this winter, were going to get a whole new exhaust system for it this winter also, the one thats in it sounds good but its cheap and sucks.

-
Back