74 Dart 360 Sport

-
Christmas came early to Vince's house! Thanks AMD enjoy my cash

IMG_20211027_163208.jpg

Got to work on wheel well so I can get that all pieced in I'm not doing it all only patching it. Put my panel on and oh fix the seat belt mount yikes ! Jim was 100 percent right that needle scaler is freaking great!

IMG_20211027_194315.jpg

Last edited:
Got my inner patch tabbed and mostly tacked in. Excuse the booger welds and didn't want to switch wire and hook up my gas . I got brand new outers to chop up and use what I need. I know I should have made them. I flanged the outer of well after I cut off the rusty crap. Will cut that lay her in and use the mig side for the rest. Honey do I had to finish the fireplace I made the wife for the car ROFL. I thought Jeeps were giant Legos but this Dart is way more fun listening to tunes and working on it.

IMG_20211029_121351_01.jpg

IMG_20211029_133926.jpg

IMG_20211024_192724.jpg

Little update took forever got some clean up and seam sealer to do still. We're getting there and boy I'm tired of taking that quarter panel on and off! Got the wheel patch cut and in braced it where I thought and what looked good underneath. Still gotta add a piece bottom front well for panel to sit on. Looked passenger side much easier repair excited to get this on and turn car around!

IMG_20211031_153603.jpg

IMG_20211031_152432.jpg

IMG_20211031_152425.jpg

IMG_20211031_152420.jpg

IMG_20211031_110633.jpg

IMG_20211031_110621.jpg

What are these panels called ugh I can't find them three broken help! As you can see both rear broke and need passenger top door lagoon blue.

IMG_20211031_214622.jpg

IMG_20211031_214609.jpg

Nothing exciting still looking for those upper panels pictured above! I will strip some paint tonight no more stripper it's useless. I will use the fiber disc to strip it. The car has only had touch up and had never been repainted so won't be to horrible to strip down. I know nuts I will do body hood, trunk and jams before I do engine bay last. I don't need that to drive it. I gotta get a new flange tool so I can finish my driver's qtr panel. Hopefully set that tonight and weld start slinging some filler on it soon.

No pictures broke phone but I got the metal fold for the lower quarter to weld onto bottom behind door. So if the apocalypse doesn't happen I should get that trimmed more tonight and fitted to start final tack for that. I'm not rushing if I'm uncomfortable I'm stepping back looking and thinking about how it will piece in. I figure the extra time spent will afford me less big mistakes. I'm way more OCD than I remember lol me and those GD body lines....

Good night and felt real great about progress will start welding get four corners first real slow and space it out! Hopefully no warping it went on without any pulling or warping set right in once I got trimmed out right.

IMG_20211104_210822.jpg

IMG_20211104_210810.jpg

IMG_20211104_210805.jpg

Getting things done today hope to have gas tank in today. Get this finished weld couple small panels passenger side and fenders hopefully this weekend and move on to body work.

IMG_20211106_134926.jpg

IMG_20211106_134916.jpg

Plan today sand under tank and rear end rust converter and put in tank. Little bit welding first rocker driver just behind door on quarter. Well so far hot underneath cleaned very little to no rust so sand clean and converter on which is also paintable. Tank soon letting is dry maybe weld still well see.

Last edited:
I assume you are not doing a full restoration, just sort of bringing her back to life?
Not a full one no just body all the rust but not flipping on her side rotisserie style a forty seven thousand mile car. Just stripping bottom will drop rear end and going to enjoy it fix what should be keep it stock.

Last edited:
I did get a chance to move it outside. Fuel Pump appears bad got a new and will double check lines while I'm at it. Carb is hosed I think I'm going to order a rebuild kit follow the guides I have read. Restore is same price as a new one that case I can shelve it order the whole top end air gap cam heads and carb from Edelbrock. Pull it and have a poor man's rebuild gaskets bearings and rings boil the block inspect polish crank and Pistons hopefully not to many surprises. Goal is a good running car close to 350 hp not a goal but heads and intake should help alot. Hemi swap is not my plan while fun I would go over board and call Denny lol I know how I spend!

I did get a chance to move it outside. Fuel Pump appears bad got a new and will double check lines while I'm at it. Carb is hosed I think I'm going to order a rebuild kit follow the guides I have read. Restore is same price as a new one that case I can shelve it order the whole top end air gap cam heads and carb from Edelbrock. Pull it and have a poor man's rebuild gaskets bearings and rings boil the block inspect polish crank and Pistons hopefully not to many surprises. Goal is a good running car close to 350 hp not a goal but heads and intake should help alot. Hemi swap is not my plan while fun I would go over board and call Denny lol I know how I spend!
So checked line mother freaking wanna choke whomever touched this lol. Clean line from pump to carb was little restricted. Main line was fine from tank. Pump is garbage got a new will install in a bit. I'm goin to use one of these little inline Edelbrock filters from pump to carb replace factory which seemed ok ha yeah no. I'm sure carb still will need freshened up will change oil before I crank again and filter.

Last edited:
Ok great progress today validated cooling system, brakes, transmission, fuel system back to 100 percent and no leaks. Idles great and ran fine. That said will flush out cooling carefully not some crazy kit. Transmission I will again be very careful and need advice on best fluid change and filter to use. Wipers inop and dash lights are **** need restore. I will make a video of it running sorry could not upload that. Sand in factory filter 47 years old lmao so bad.......also bad some Hurst Floor shifter put in due to headers. I'm putting shorties on it and tti and putting the column shift back if I can find a duster or dart 727 shifter assembly.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out an issue with no charging alternator is new and good. I'm gonna go ahead and get a new voltage regulator but I recall something about dash alternator gauge causing an issue. Can someone elaborate I didn't see in how to section. Only bug I got and I still need the column linkage for 727 and rip out this pos floor thing somebody thought was cool.

IMG_20211113_195442.jpg

Last edited:
Got a couple fenders cancer cut out and replaced. I also hooked up battery checked field voltage alternator it was under 11 both fields and main line was same as battery when key was on. So I will do the voltage regulator and get the dash and all old components replaced they are very sad and rusted in bad shape. What brand is ok to see on this stuff. I know it's pretty touchy the Chinese crap sold. I will get you under dash do wiper kit and sort out any mess with wiring there as well. Wiper works looks like it's disconnected.

IMG_20211114_145759.jpg

IMG_20211114_145752.jpg

IMG_20211114_133115.jpg

IMG_20211114_124654.jpg

Cutting out the ugly today and all my panels are here so no excuse gotta keep moving! I had a snow shovel of rust behind pass door but this was the good side!

IMG_20211115_165834.jpg

IMG_20211115_165827.jpg

IMG_20211115_165823.jpg

Ok decided little detour would be in order. Besides I need to get this gauge cluster replaced or restored or go after market new. So the headlight connection super dangerous glad I did this. Second I'm pretty sure unless VR is bad this was my charging issue. Windshield will come out and dash will be repainted I will have that painted else where and the dash while in good shape will get slight repair and redye if possible. So as I go further it's a good chance other than a rotisserie this thing is getting dug into more and more that's ok this is my church and I'm enjoying this time with me and the car. I can do whatever I want and how I want it. Stay tuned big decisions coming.....

IMG_20211116_202158.jpg

IMG_20211116_200022.jpg

IMG_20211116_202721.jpg

Ok decided little detour would be in order. Besides I need to get this gauge cluster replaced or restored or go after market new. So the headlight connection super dangerous glad I did this. Second I'm pretty sure unless VR is bad this was my charging issue. Windshield will come out and dash will be repainted I will have that painted else where and the dash while in good shape will get slight repair and redye if possible. So as I go further it's a good chance other than a rotisserie this thing is getting dug into more and more that's ok this is my church and I'm enjoying this time with me and the car. I can do whatever I want and how I want it. Stay tuned big decisions coming.....

View attachment 1715821454

View attachment 1715821456

View attachment 1715821457
Other than the headlight the bulk head looks great no burnt wiring nothing alarming. I will drop k and engine out so I can detail and replace engine harness that is bad enough and components rusted badly not worth saving less I can take cases off clean kill rust and paint.

More done disassembly complete I will get new speedometer and cable it bounces all over my 73 slant did the same thing shocker. Lots of rust and water damage here so that windshield is a leaker and the wiper shaft seals. Schumacher kit I saw maybe and I will get the seals and will have windshield pulled have them order new seals and put back in when dash is done I had to pull this anyways with floor pan driver side and seats carpet gotta come out. I want a nice interior and I don't want water in it. Will be garaged but still. I need to clean the rust I saw a few products but wonder if I sand off and then use an electrical coating on it.

IMG_20211116_211132.jpg

16371230188892648702440068686101.jpg

More done disassembly complete I will get new speedometer and cable it bounces all over my 73 slant did the same thing shocker. Lots of rust and water damage here so that windshield is a leaker and the wiper shaft seals. Schumacher kit I saw maybe and I will get the seals and will have windshield pulled have them order new seals and put back in when dash is done I had to pull this anyways with floor pan driver side and seats carpet gotta come out. I want a nice interior and I don't want water in it. Will be garaged but still. I need to clean the rust I saw a few products but wonder if I sand off and then use an electrical coating on it.

View attachment 1715821477

View attachment 1715821478
Will give evapo rust a shot at the housing. Probably my best chance to save it. I ordered the wiper post seals and the assembly joints. Not getting wet again.

July 1974 build date!

* I wonder if it's one of the LAST '74 360's built and one of the last with a hood scoop. I'm guessing the scoop is original even though it doesn't have the two approx. 4" holes in the hood at the outer edges of the underhood bracing "diamond". Someone once said that some scooped hoods came without holes, but I can't corroborate that. I picked up a scooped & striped hood with holes off of a confirmed '73 318 car years ago!

* It has a regular bumper brackets, not the shock absorber style. I believe some had the 5 mph bumpers & brackets but most were regular in the '74 model year.

* Love all the blue!

* Are the taillight bezels in decent shape. They are usually pretty pitted and/or have "warts".

* No bumper guards.:thumbsup: Anyone know if they were "optional" or could be deleted?

Last edited:
-
Back