74 duster brakes

-

michael

Reaction score
I have a problem with my brakes.the intire system is from a 74 duster installed in a 55dodge pick up.complete duster torsion bar suspension.I used all 74 duster parts boster,master cly,lines, calipers proportion valve back to a 69 charger 8 3/4 rear.my problem is i have no rear brakes.I have fluid but not enough pressure to stop the wheels even at idel on stands.I have blead wheels every way I know how and still no luck.Every thing is new. any help is appreciated Thanks Mike

Welcome aboard. Do you have the brakes adjusted up properly in the back? Is it plumbed correctly from the distribution block?

Rear axle soft hose? Might be collapsed?
Might be dirt somewhere in the line to the back? Disconnect at the Wheel cylinders and the front junction and blow air back through, maybe?

were they working before? or have ever had them working? because if they were and then stopped (no pun intended lol) working, you must have either lost fluid or something is obstructing the flow of fluid OR you sucked air into the lines, just a thought....

brakes are adjested correctley and I dave double cheched all routeing and cleaned combination valve all parts are new

this is a complete new set up all from booster to brakes every thing including combination valve

-
Back