74 Duster ideas

-

dusterman79

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the site. I recently bought my sweetie she's a 74 Duster with a mild 318 street motor. It has a TF 727 and a plain jane 2.71 rear end. I'm working on getting pics posted :shock: it's pretty un-molested and I'm super happy about that :D. My question is for you guys who know all the quirks with this car. I'm seriously thinking about putting a 3.91 rear end and 3spd in from a 72 340 Duster. I have pretty much everything to do the swap thanks to my generous dad:prayer:. I'd love to know anybody's thoughts on this combo. Down the line I'm also considering putting the pre 72' 340 in too. It needs an overhaul and heads, since dad won't part with the rare ones that were on it, that's skool though. As she stands she's a great runner but haven't driven her yet. I want to get some things just right first. Anyways As I said I'm pretty new here and don't know how to navigate through here yet. In closing I'd love to hear some feedback and sorry if this thread is so damn long.

In case you guys don't know, Dusterman is my son Chris who was recently bitten by the Mopar Bug....all I can say is.....ABOUT TIME!:blob:

My thoughts for you....It's an unmolested car,don't molest it.

In case you guys don't know, Dusterman is my son Chris who was recently bitten by the Mopar Bug....all I can say is.....ABOUT TIME!:blob:
Well Dad, I believe it's like you told me recently. " I've always been a closet Mopar fan " I can say this is 100% true. Let me say I'm All Mopar now so forget GM.:thumblef:

-
Back